Top five tips for getting a good night’s sleep
- Aim to get eight hours a night and try to go to bed at the same time each evening
- Keep your bedroom dark. It’s worth investing in blackout curtains or even an eye mask. Sleeping in darkness allows our bodies to produce melatonin, which helps us to sleep
- Make sure your bed and pillows are comfortable. Don’t have too many pillows – your neck should stay flat
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine and sugar for at least three hours before bedtime
- Try not to use tablets, smartphones and computers for at least an hour before bed.