Parenthood not only changes the way you look at the world, but it also has a profound effect on your body – namely, the way our stomachs may appear post-partum.
“This is me 4 weeks post-birth,” she began in her honest Instagram post.
“Our society has put this idea in our heads that women have to bounce right back after having a baby, but that's typically just not realistic.”
“This is not the truth for most of us. I have more stretch marks and belly rolls and that's perfectly NORMAL and OKAY.”
“I remember being part way through this pregnancy seeing this woman online 1-day post partum with a flat tummy and abs thinking to myself, ‘Wowie, I hope I can pull that off.’ I instantly felt the pressure to measure up,” she continued.
“Fast-forward to my one-day post-partum body and it was more of the squishy, droopy flub that I remember after my first baby.”
"If you're finding yourself obsessing about, feeling ashamed of or apologising for the appearance of your body, even if you haven't just had a child, STOP. Our bodies are incredible and amazing and we need to love every inch of it," she wrapped up the thought-provoking post.
Not that we ever needed justification for owning and honing our post-partum tummies, but seeing other mums going through the same thing is comforting, if not empowering.
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyApr 22, 2019
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesApr 22, 2019
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayApr 22, 2019