The accident that had me fearing for my life
A kind of pain I'd never experienced
My leg was crushed but I wasn't broken
- Do something meaningful. Knit for prem babies, grow strawberries, get part-time work; whatever makes you feel good.
- Recognise there will be breakthrough pain at times and learn to accept it. It will pass.
- Do exercise, even if movement is restricted. Exercise is known for its positive effect on anxiety and depression.
- Meditation and visualisation can be powerful tools. Just 10 minutes a day can make all the difference.
- Create a project or goal. It will help you focus and move forward.