Happy birthday, Adele! The star shared photos on Instagram from her Titanic-themed 30th birthday bash, putting her impressive weight loss front and centre. Dressing like Kate Winslet's character, Rose, Adele showed off her slim figure, and her followers could not get enough of the "Someone Like You" singer. "You look amazing," one user wrote. "Beautiful!" commented another.
"Dirty 30! I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the next 30 years as I've been blessed beyond words in my life so far," she captioned the photos.
"Thank you to everyone for coming along for the ride the last 11 years with me. My family and friends for entertaining my super fandom of the Titanic movie. Last night was the best night of my life. Here's a couple pics. I'm absolutely f-cked, not sure I'll make it out the house again! Ps. Childish Gambino how the hell do you have time to offer us so much greatness on so many platforms. I adore you x."
It's hard to not notice how much she has changed since her debut 10 years ago with her album 19 when she was rocking long red hair and a fuller figure.
Despite losing the weight, Adele has always remained positive about her body image and her famous curves. "I have never been insecure, ever, about how I look, about what I want to do with myself," she told the Daily Mail in 2009.
"My mom told me to only ever do things for myself, not for others."
She also revealed that her weight was never an issue when it came to her music career. "I'd lose weight if I was an actress and had to play a role where you're supposed to be 40 pounds lighter, but weight has nothing to do with my career," she explained to People. "Even when I was signing a contract, most of the industry knew if anyone ever dared say lose weight to me, they wouldn't be working with me."
Adele decided to lose weight following the birth of her son Angelo in 2012 and gave up her 10 cups of tea with a sugar a day and smoking as well. "She's eating a really clean diet, with lots of fruit and vegetables, plus lean protein and complex carbohydrates," her nutritionist Jennifer Irvine said of her diet.
However, don't expect for Adele to drop down to a size 0. "I like looking nice, but I always put comfort over fashion... Be happy and healthy," she told Rolling Stone.
"I've never had a problem with the way I look. I'd rather have lunch with my friends than go to a gym."
Same, girl. Same.
Via Life & Style.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019