1. It can help prevent osteoporosis
2. It'll give your liver a workout
3. It can protect your heart
4. It can give your mental health a workout
5. It can help do away with inflammation
6. It can help beat pain
7. It can help as a stress reliever
8. It can drop your diabetes risk
Just make sure you take care
- Low-impact aerobics
- Standing up and sitting down in a chair
- Tai chi
- Using an elliptical trainer
- Using a stair climber
- Leg raises, squats and toe stands while holding onto a sturdy object
- Only exercise within comfortable limits. Avoid physical activity if you feel unwell, tired, or sore from your last workout.
- Start slowly and at a low intensity. Try a gentle walk around the house or garden, or along a level footpath and build up gradually to walking further distances at a faster face.
- If you want to do more intense activity, check with your doctor first, and build up slowly over a number of weeks.
- Slow down or stop if you feel short of breath. You should be able to talk normally while you're doing the activity.