I'm not one to use the word hate often, but for this type of exercise I'm willing to make an exception.
I hate crunches. And sit-ups.
I'll run, I'll do jumping jacks, I'll skip until my lungs feel like they're going to burst, but I HATE lying on the floor trying to tone my tummy. So much so that I have actually been tempted to buy an ab workout machine off the television.
Yep, I hate them that much.
Luckily, before I had the chance to locate my credit card, I learnt that there are other things I can do to help flatten my stomach. Some of which can hardly even be classified as exercise at all.
Now that's my kind of workout!
Ever laughed so hard it hurts? This is because when you laugh your stomach muscles expand and contract, just the same as when you do ab-toning exercises. But what makes laughter even better is that the rest of your muscles get to relax while your stomach does all the work. So the next time you're struggling to decide on a movie, pick the comedy.
It's time to release your inner gymnast and purchase that pink, sparkly hula hoop because that round piece of plastic will work wonders on your soon-to-be-flat tummy. Hula-hooping raises your heart rate and targets your stomach muscles for a combination that will shed fat and tighten your abdominals.
If you've got a green thumb you're in luck! Gardening is a great workout for a flatter stomach. All of the bending, stretching and twisting your mid-section does as you plant those bulbs effectively works the stomach muscles and burns around 350 calories an hour.
Use your anger and hatred (for things like crunches) to fuel a boxing workout. Boxing is not only a great way to relieve stress, but all those arm movements and high kicks help to target your stomach muscles for a flatter, toned tummy.
It's not just good manners. Sitting up straight means your stomach muscles and the muscles that support them are constantly taut, which makes them stronger. A good trick is to imagine there is that there is wet paint on the back of your chair so that you're not tempted to lean back.
Via Beauty Heaven.
- TVLesina drops a bombshell: There are two Bachelorettes!
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Why Elliott Gilchrist might just be 'the one who got away'
Now To LoveToday 3:37pm
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to a special screening of The Professor and The Madman!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FamilyMeet The Block NZ Ethan's little miracle son Marley
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares two powerful images to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- FamilyMum warns parents about the dangers of self-locking cars after her baby becomes trapped on hot day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Relationships'It's a Bradaissance': Brad Pitt is back and the world couldn't be more excited
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:19am
- CareerThe Great Kiwi Bake-Off winner Trevor Hall's exciting new business venture
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveJan 27, 2020
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesJan 27, 2020
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 26, 2020
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayJan 26, 2020