I'm not one to use the word hate often, but for this type of exercise I'm willing to make an exception.
I hate crunches. And sit-ups.
I'll run, I'll do jumping jacks, I'll skip until my lungs feel like they're going to burst, but I HATE lying on the floor trying to tone my tummy. So much so that I have actually been tempted to buy an ab workout machine off the television.
Yep, I hate them that much.
Luckily, before I had the chance to locate my credit card, I learnt that there are other things I can do to help flatten my stomach. Some of which can hardly even be classified as exercise at all.
Now that's my kind of workout!
Ever laughed so hard it hurts? This is because when you laugh your stomach muscles expand and contract, just the same as when you do ab-toning exercises. But what makes laughter even better is that the rest of your muscles get to relax while your stomach does all the work. So the next time you're struggling to decide on a movie, pick the comedy.
It's time to release your inner gymnast and purchase that pink, sparkly hula hoop because that round piece of plastic will work wonders on your soon-to-be-flat tummy. Hula-hooping raises your heart rate and targets your stomach muscles for a combination that will shed fat and tighten your abdominals.
If you've got a green thumb you're in luck! Gardening is a great workout for a flatter stomach. All of the bending, stretching and twisting your mid-section does as you plant those bulbs effectively works the stomach muscles and burns around 350 calories an hour.
Use your anger and hatred (for things like crunches) to fuel a boxing workout. Boxing is not only a great way to relieve stress, but all those arm movements and high kicks help to target your stomach muscles for a flatter, toned tummy.
It's not just good manners. Sitting up straight means your stomach muscles and the muscles that support them are constantly taut, which makes them stronger. A good trick is to imagine there is that there is wet paint on the back of your chair so that you're not tempted to lean back.
Via Beauty Heaven.
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayYesterday 3:15pm
- Married at First SightYou won't believe who Married at First Sight's Tamara Joy has hooked up with now
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019