1. Watch out for signs of zinc deficiency - zinc is important during winter
- You're prone to viral and bacterial infections and seem to have a weak immune system
- Your hair is thinning
- You're noticing acne or rashes
- Your wounds aren't healing very well or at all
- Food loses its taste
- Red meat
2. Happiness is a priority
3. Your gut health is important
- Eat less processed foods (which Nadia refers to as 'dead foods'), and consume more live foods.
- Eat lots of raw food from the ground and the sea.
4. Boosting immunity during winter with 'nude food' and herbs
- Thyme is great for a wet or dry cough but you need a lot of it. Have a tablespoon of it when it's fresh, steam it and add some honey in warm water. Four cups a day.
- Ginger works really well in the mouth. Chew some to avoid coughing when you need to be quiet (in a meeting or yoga class).
- Try apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, thyme, teaspoon of honey for a 'sunshine tonic'.
- Sage is really great for sore throats. Use six leaves, steep it for ten minutes, and have four cups a day.
- Nadia and Annaleise say capsicum and kiwi fruit has more vitamin C than citrus fruits!
- Get some really good sleep and don't overindulge in alcohol.
- Eat more vegetables in your diet than fruit.
- Eat lots of warming foods and slow cooked meats.