Losing weight can be a tricky thing; sometimes all the salads and gym sessions in the world feel like they're doing absolutely nothing for your waistline. But those custard tarts? Just one seems to set you back.
We get it, we absolutely get it. Trying to get into shape can be a tiring and long process (and our 21st century 'I want instant gratification' brains do not like having to wait to see results!), but take solace in the fact that with enough hard work the kilos will start dropping off.
To help you shed those last few kilos, health and fitness expert, Voome co-founder and nutritionist, Amelia Phillips, shares three great weight loss tips.
Small achievable changes to your lifestyle are far more likely to stick than a complete overhaul. By all means do a four week reboot, but then settle into sustainable habits that are realistic for you.
Plan for a fun run, do some challenges on your smart watch (Apple watch sets loads of simple monthly move challenges), do 10,000 steps per day, aim to touch your toes. Physical achievements keep you going when the scales aren't your friend.
If you continue to eat more calories than you burn off, you will find it very hard to lose weight. Get your portions right, eat more fibre to fill you up and watch the weight come off.
Amelia Phillips is a registered nutritionist, exercise scientist, co founder of Voome (everything you need to live a healthy fit and mindful life). She is a busy Mum of four under the age of five and on a mission to empower Australians and Kiwis to live their best life!
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021