Protein helps skin to become firmer, making it more resistant to wrinkling. Yoghurt, especially Greek yoghurt, is a good source of protein. Low-fat yoghurt is also high in vitamin A and acidophilus bacteria; good for healthy digestion, which is reflected in your skin.
A couple of squares of dark chocolate every day can make your skin look more luminous. Chocolate that contains at least 70% cocoa solids hydrates the skin, making it firmer and more supple. Additionally, dark chocolate has compounds that can increase blood flow to the skin.
They're good for your skin thanks to omega 3 fatty acids, which can improve elasticity and strengthen cell membranes. This encourages skin cells to hold more moisture, which can result in plumper, younger-looking skin.
Research shows that colourful vegetables, such as green,red and yellow peppers, can minimise wrinkles, especially around the eyes. Carotenoids – the antioxidants found in yellow and orange peppers, carrots and pumpkin – may decrease the skin's sensitivity to sun damage.
These are loaded with vitamin E, which plays an important part in keeping skin supple by protecting its top layers from the sun. Eat as a snack along with nuts or add to salad.
The high zinc content in kidney beans gives them healing properties. Scientific research has revealed a link between skin blemishes and low zinc levels.
Oatmeal is loaded with vitamins which are good for your general and skin health because they keep blood sugar stable.
Among many antioxidants found in green tea is one called EGCG, which can reduce skin inflammation and redness.
- RoyalsPrince Harry has returned to the UK for his final string of engagements as a senior royal
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsThe Cambridges are set to visit Ireland as the Sussexes return to the UK
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- PetsIt's getting hot in here: Expert advice on caring for your pet over summer
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight Australia 2019 stars: Where are they now?
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- CareerWhy Judy Bailey's latest project had everyone thinking she was getting inked
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:40am
- CareerWhy Laura Dern deserves every acting award she gets!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:31am
- BodyWhy acupuncture could be the pathway to a healthier body and menstrual cycle
Good Health ChoicesFeb 24, 2020
- TVChelsea Winter's former husband Michael Bullot opens up about kids and marriage
Now To LoveFeb 23, 2020