The 69th annual Met Gala held at The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute is fashion’s big night out for the year.
This year’s exhibition subject, and gala theme, Rei Kawakubo’s designs for Comme des Garçons, is a celebration of the Japanese visionary’s avant-garde designs and ability to challenge beauty, good taste, and fashionability norms.
Although a lot of fashion celebrities left a lot to be desired this year, in tame evening dresses, seeing the glamorous stars that often wear a sleek, sparkly number don suitably more daring and curvaceous creations is a refreshing phenomenon to behold.
Click through team Simply You's picks of their must-see fashion moments as the night unfolds.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveToday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilySamantha Hayes shares her heartache after visiting a refugee camp in Jordan
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerJulie Anne Genter on bicycles, babies and what's going to make a better world
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 15, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Mick Gould has posed naked in the name of rural mental health
Now To LoveJun 14, 2019