The 69th annual Met Gala held at The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute is fashion’s big night out for the year.
This year’s exhibition subject, and gala theme, Rei Kawakubo’s designs for Comme des Garçons, is a celebration of the Japanese visionary’s avant-garde designs and ability to challenge beauty, good taste, and fashionability norms.
Although a lot of fashion celebrities left a lot to be desired this year, in tame evening dresses, seeing the glamorous stars that often wear a sleek, sparkly number don suitably more daring and curvaceous creations is a refreshing phenomenon to behold.
Click through team Simply You's picks of their must-see fashion moments as the night unfolds.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021