The 69th annual Met Gala held at The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute is fashion’s big night out for the year.
This year’s exhibition subject, and gala theme, Rei Kawakubo’s designs for Comme des Garçons, is a celebration of the Japanese visionary’s avant-garde designs and ability to challenge beauty, good taste, and fashionability norms.
Although a lot of fashion celebrities left a lot to be desired this year, in tame evening dresses, seeing the glamorous stars that often wear a sleek, sparkly number don suitably more daring and curvaceous creations is a refreshing phenomenon to behold.
Click through team Simply You's picks of their must-see fashion moments as the night unfolds.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
- FamilySamantha Hayes' baby Marlow joins her on the newsdesk and all we can say is awww!
Now To LoveToday 6:40pm
- RoyalsThe Sun's executive editor Kiwi Dan Wootton on his royal scoops and tabloid career
Now To LoveToday 2:45pm
- BodyWhy we should all be exercising our pelvic floor muscles every day
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry asks to simply be called ‘Harry’ during his first engagement since moving to Canada
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsThere has been a coronavirus scare at Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s school in London
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- WeddingsHappily ever after: Meet the Kiwi bride who has married herself
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:21am
- FamilyShe was my escape: Taylor Swift's heartbreak over her mum's health scare
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- WeddingsRebekah Palmer's dreamy summer wedding was a day full of surprises
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am