The Sex and the City actress wrote a touching tribute to the late designer, who passed away at the age of 82 on October 20
Sarah Jessica's moving tribute was published by The Hollywood Reporter and recalls some of the duo's most memorable style moments together.
One of the highlights was her 2014 Met Gala gown, which was custom-made by Oscar and even proudly displayed his signature in crimson embroidery on the train. This was a special touch requested by the 49-year-old actress and she was thrilled he agreed to it.
"It was something he never would have done — with his modesty, grace and elegance. But I knew the crimson signature would look magnificent on the red carpet," she wrote.
"The point of the signature, and doing it in scarlet instead of his traditional navy, was to honor him — to scream it from the rooftop without opening my mouth."
Sarah Jessica wore many of Oscar's designs on the red carpet, whether it was at the Met Ball or the Emmys. In her tribute, she spoke about the "void" Oscar left behind him in the fashion industry and how no one could replace him.
"He gave so much, and I think everybody who had the chance to be on the receiving end appreciated him," she wrote.
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020