New reports confirm the much-loved designer has passed away at the age of 82
The Dominican American fashion designer was a favourite of the red carpet crowd, and he dressed many of Hollywood's biggest stars during a career that spanned over 50 years in the industry.
Oscar's elegant creations were worn by everyone from Oprah Winfrey to Sarah Jessica Parker. Most recently, Amal Alamuddin walked down the aisle in a custom-made Oscar de la Renta dress at her wedding to actor George Clooney.
Forbes reports Oscar had recently named a new Creative Director for his eponymous company. The cause of death has not yet been confirmed, but the designer was known to be battling cancer.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019