New reports confirm the much-loved designer has passed away at the age of 82
The Dominican American fashion designer was a favourite of the red carpet crowd, and he dressed many of Hollywood's biggest stars during a career that spanned over 50 years in the industry.
Oscar's elegant creations were worn by everyone from Oprah Winfrey to Sarah Jessica Parker. Most recently, Amal Alamuddin walked down the aisle in a custom-made Oscar de la Renta dress at her wedding to actor George Clooney.
Forbes reports Oscar had recently named a new Creative Director for his eponymous company. The cause of death has not yet been confirmed, but the designer was known to be battling cancer.
- FamilySamantha Hayes' baby Marlow joins her on the newsdesk and all we can say is awww!
Now To LoveToday 6:40pm
- RoyalsThe Sun's executive editor Kiwi Dan Wootton on his royal scoops and tabloid career
Now To LoveToday 2:45pm
- BodyWhy we should all be exercising our pelvic floor muscles every day
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry asks to simply be called ‘Harry’ during his first engagement since moving to Canada
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsThere has been a coronavirus scare at Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s school in London
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- WeddingsHappily ever after: Meet the Kiwi bride who has married herself
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:21am
- FamilyShe was my escape: Taylor Swift's heartbreak over her mum's health scare
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- WeddingsRebekah Palmer's dreamy summer wedding was a day full of surprises
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am