Meghan Markle's wardrobe has been the envy of many ever since she stepped out on Prince Harry's arm and every item of clothing she's ever wore seemed to go out of stock. The Meghan Effect has been in full force for the last year, with everyone eager to follow her style rules.
First came the Aritizia Beaune dress she wore to the Invictus Games, which sold out in hours. Then, the Strathberry handbag which was an instant sell out. More recently? The $80 Marks & Spencer knit jumper that continues to sell out whenever it's restocked.
While Meghan often takes fancy to high-street clothes, she does splash out on the designer items too. Most recently, she wore a $1800 Amanda Wakeley coat on her first official duty alongside Queen Elizabeth. In fact, the designer purchase had many people questioning who exactly pays for her royal wardrobe.
Unlike other celebrities, members of the royal family aren't allowed to accept designer clothing for free. Knowing this, PEOPLE has reported that both Meghan and Harry pay for their wardrobes themselves. Well, it's hardly a surprise, Meghan was paid $91,000 per episode of Suits so it's not as if she's on a budget.
As reported by PEOPLE, Duchess Catherine's assistant Natasha Archer confirmed that royals call in several options from designers and are only able to choose one, which they must then pay for while the others are returned.
While Meghan budgets for her own fashion choices for official outings right now, once she marries Harry she will be privy to the $50million income he, Prince William and Catherine are given by Prince Charles.
Well, since she already wows in clothing like the $142,000 engagement dress, we can't wait to see what she'll be sporting after May 19th...
This story first appeared on our sister site, Grazia.
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 4:00pm
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveToday 1:20pm
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayToday 1:00pm
- PetsMeet NZ's most lovable rescue pet: Tinkerbelle 'the wobble dog'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 7:45am
- CareerAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the band of women shaking up America
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsHappy 1st wedding anniversary Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan! A timeline of their beautiful love story
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyDancing with the Stars judge Rachel White on why NZ has a special place in her heart
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyDear Thomasin and Davida: Miranda Harcourt's open letter to her daughters
The Australian Women's WeeklyMay 18, 2019
- MindThree women share their inspiring journeys towards empowerment, self-healing and learning to forgive
Good Health ChoicesMay 18, 2019
- FertilityAfter $70,000 spent on IVF Sharee Welch can finally hold her miracle twins
Woman's DayMay 18, 2019