Squeeze some tomato sauce onto a soft cloth and rub into your silver jewellery. Remove the sauce and your jewellery will shine.
I learnt a neat trick from a friend while almost going through a packet of matches trying to light my daughter's birthday cake candles recently. Dry spaghetti burns just like a match, but as it's a lot longer, it won't burn out as quickly. It's great for relighting short wicks, too, as you won't burn your fingers by having to get too close.
If you want to cool down a bottle of wine or non-alcoholic drink quickly, wrap it with a wet piece of kitchen paper and store it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
To avoid irritation or discolouration from a ring, apply a thin layer of clear nail polish to the inside of the ring to create a barrier.
Working with models for photo shoots, there is always the risk of getting make-up – particularly foundation or lipstick – on clothing. Persil Dual Capsules are my top laundry hack as they have built-in stain removers so there's no need for extra cleaning or soaking. They are so quick and easy to use and give great results.
No time to get the ironing board out? A pair of hair straighteners will smooth out creases instantly.
Lost an earring or its back on the carpet? Place a stocking over the end of your vacuum hose – it will catch the lost item.
If you love to accessorise on holiday, here's a tip for keeping jewellery chains tangle-free: pass each chain through a straw to keep them separate and ready to wear.
To stretch a pair of shoes that are a little too small, put them on while wearing thick socks, blast the shoes with a hairdryer and allow to cool while still wearing them – they will have adapted to your feet.
To remove gum from your clothes, cool the gum using an ice cube, then flick it off with a butter knife.
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019