As part of the exciting evolution of Simply You, we welcome you to our new-look first issue of 2018.
Never before have fashion and interiors been so closely linked, with both regularly influencing each other, which is why we are so proud to present this magazine to you – our inaugural quarterly powerhouse of ideas and inspiration where fashion, style, interiors, beauty and travel unite.
It is for you that we have curated this beautiful autumn issue, which has been reimagined and reinvigorated to evoke the feel of a coffee-table book that could be collected and revisited. Building upon our elegant history, the Simply You team has worked tirelessly to transport our pages straight into the now, all within an easy five-chapter format.
Magazines, like homes, need regular renovation. But some things are heritage-listed, and the mix of new-season collections and creative inspiration won't change. We have treated each page like a work of art crafted by our stylists.
Visiting Rhana Devenport, director of Auckland Art Gallery, and seeing her passion as she pulled artworks out of storage convinced me that having a beautifully curated magazine to hold is more relevant than ever.
If the content is worthy, then the experience is as rewarding as visiting an art exhibition.
On the pages of our magazine, we've set out to give you something that digital media can't: pure 'you' time. Immersing yourself in Simply You spirits you away from electronic devices, emails or Instagram alerts from someone holidaying in St Tropez. If time is the most valuable of luxuries, then you'll want to spend up large as you work your way through this super-sized edition.
We are thrilled to have one of New Zealand's most beautiful women, Lorraine Downes, grace the cover. After more than three decades in the national spotlight – which all began when she won Miss Universe at just 19 – Downes is set to release her memoir, Life, Loss, Love. In our interview we delve into her beauty and lifestyle secrets and discover that she truly is elegance personified.
We hope you love our easy-to-navigate, five-section structure. 'Interiors' includes stunning homes and colourful ideas for kitchen and bathroom renovations, plus inspiration for a deliciously simple long lunch. The new 'Style' pages champion real women, individuality and wardrobe know-how.
'Fashion' is where you'll find fabulous photo shoots of all the luxe new looks we love, 'Beauty' celebrates appearance, body and mind and, lastly, 'Collections' allows you to shop the new season in one place.
A sincere thank you goes to all the Simply You women we've called on while creating this issue – and of course to all our readers. We hope these pages inspire you as much as you all inspire us.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 4:00pm
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveToday 1:20pm
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayToday 1:00pm
- PetsMeet NZ's most lovable rescue pet: Tinkerbelle 'the wobble dog'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 7:45am
- CareerAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the band of women shaking up America
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsHappy 1st wedding anniversary Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan! A timeline of their beautiful love story
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyDancing with the Stars judge Rachel White on why NZ has a special place in her heart
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyDear Thomasin and Davida: Miranda Harcourt's open letter to her daughters
The Australian Women's WeeklyMay 18, 2019
- MindThree women share their inspiring journeys towards empowerment, self-healing and learning to forgive
Good Health ChoicesMay 18, 2019
- FertilityAfter $70,000 spent on IVF Sharee Welch can finally hold her miracle twins
Woman's DayMay 18, 2019