At Simply You we are always looking out for models that have an elegant edge only time can bring. Likewise, local brands are also accustomed to giving mature models the spotlight in major campaigns and events.
Mercy Brewer who featured in our ‘Shine Bright’ jewellery photoshoot in the latest issue, pictured above, has made international headlines as a lingerie model for New Zealand label Lonely Lingerie and is often one of the most in demand models at New Zealand Fashion Week.
It was only a matter of time before a model agency championing mature models opened in New Zealand. Silverfox Management, which currently represents 130 models aged from 30 to 90+ in Australia, is opening its books here.
“New Zealand has been home to some definitive age-positive campaigns,” says co-founder and managing director of Silverfox Management Brigitte Warne. “We now see a growth opportunity and therefore a need for a dedicated source to find talent who represent these inspirational, influential but traditionally under-served consumers.”
Currently, Silverfox Management's oldest model is 97-years-old. It recognises both the spending power of the ageing population and a growing support for ageless style in the media.
“People are living longer, they’re more style aware and have more spending power than ever before,” says Warne. “We’ve seen the body-positive movement become mainstream, the age-positive movement is now.”
The agency is holding an open casting in Ponsonby, Auckland, on July 26, where the team hope to meet a range of captivating people who look their best at every age.
Visit silverfoxmgmt.com.au for more details.
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am