At Simply You we are always looking out for models that have an elegant edge only time can bring. Likewise, local brands are also accustomed to giving mature models the spotlight in major campaigns and events.
Mercy Brewer who featured in our ‘Shine Bright’ jewellery photoshoot in the latest issue, pictured above, has made international headlines as a lingerie model for New Zealand label Lonely Lingerie and is often one of the most in demand models at New Zealand Fashion Week.
It was only a matter of time before a model agency championing mature models opened in New Zealand. Silverfox Management, which currently represents 130 models aged from 30 to 90+ in Australia, is opening its books here.
“New Zealand has been home to some definitive age-positive campaigns,” says co-founder and managing director of Silverfox Management Brigitte Warne. “We now see a growth opportunity and therefore a need for a dedicated source to find talent who represent these inspirational, influential but traditionally under-served consumers.”
Currently, Silverfox Management's oldest model is 97-years-old. It recognises both the spending power of the ageing population and a growing support for ageless style in the media.
“People are living longer, they’re more style aware and have more spending power than ever before,” says Warne. “We’ve seen the body-positive movement become mainstream, the age-positive movement is now.”
The agency is holding an open casting in Ponsonby, Auckland, on July 26, where the team hope to meet a range of captivating people who look their best at every age.
Visit silverfoxmgmt.com.au for more details.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021