At Simply You we are always looking out for models that have an elegant edge only time can bring. Likewise, local brands are also accustomed to giving mature models the spotlight in major campaigns and events.
Mercy Brewer who featured in our ‘Shine Bright’ jewellery photoshoot in the latest issue, pictured above, has made international headlines as a lingerie model for New Zealand label Lonely Lingerie and is often one of the most in demand models at New Zealand Fashion Week.
It was only a matter of time before a model agency championing mature models opened in New Zealand. Silverfox Management, which currently represents 130 models aged from 30 to 90+ in Australia, is opening its books here.
“New Zealand has been home to some definitive age-positive campaigns,” says co-founder and managing director of Silverfox Management Brigitte Warne. “We now see a growth opportunity and therefore a need for a dedicated source to find talent who represent these inspirational, influential but traditionally under-served consumers.”
Currently, Silverfox Management's oldest model is 97-years-old. It recognises both the spending power of the ageing population and a growing support for ageless style in the media.
“People are living longer, they’re more style aware and have more spending power than ever before,” says Warne. “We’ve seen the body-positive movement become mainstream, the age-positive movement is now.”
The agency is holding an open casting in Ponsonby, Auckland, on July 26, where the team hope to meet a range of captivating people who look their best at every age.
Visit silverfoxmgmt.com.au for more details.
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome their first child, a baby girl
Now To LoveSep 21, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Tegan Yorwarth's message to internet trolls
Woman's DaySep 20, 2021
- TVBlack Ferns star Huriana Manuel's Olympic heartbreak
Woman's DaySep 15, 2021
- TVProud Dad Art Green: 'My little girl is just so special'
Woman's DaySep 13, 2021
- Celebrity NewsAngela Bloomfield's tears and fears: 'I haven't given up on love!'
Woman's DaySep 07, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJoe Naufahu's heartbreak: 'I'm doing this for Mum'
Woman's DaySep 06, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi parents nightmare: 'Our son should still be here'
Woman's DaySep 03, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi Paralympic kayaker Corbin Hart's unstoppable romance
Woman's DayAug 28, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island hosts Bree Tomasel and Matt Chisholm's special bond
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021
- Real LifeTVNZ reporter Michelle Prendiville opens up about her alopecia
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021