The 2018 ASB Classic is not just about an elite line-up of international stars having it out on the court; there's also a Garden Lunch hosted by Kathryn Wilson and Boh Runga, a luxury Moët & Chandon Champagne Lounge with a Sugar Club inspired menu, live music performances and an extended fan zone called 'The Serve' taking over some of the Auckland Domain.
The first week of January is known for high-temperatures during the day and cool winds at night. To look put-together throughout the event, we recommend layering. Covering your skin with light and breezy blouses and dresses is a much easier, and less greasy, way to avoid sunburn and awkward tan lines than sun blocking top to toe. Naturally, hats and sunnies are sartorial statements at home on the side-lines, so make the most of the occasion by investing in a straw hat or new pair of sunglasses to complete your look.
If the players rally on until the evening, you're going to want a thicker layer as the sun goes town. Mohair is the perfect material for a comfortable cover-up.
While we love to see court shoes courtside this can be hard in the heat. Opt for open-toe sandal styles, such as Kathryn Wilson's Matena sandal, or go for a metallic sneaker to add some glam to an otherwise casual choice. Ziera's silver cut-outs are the best of both worlds.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am