The most anticipated fashion event on home soil, New Zealand Fashion Week (NZFW), is heading back to Auckland's ANZ Viaduct Events Centre at the end of the month.
With 86 confirmed designers showing their collections across NZFW and it's New Zealand Fashion Weekend - including a number of leading designers that are returning after a hiatus - here's what you need to know about what will be one of NZFW's most exciting years yet.
August 28 - September 1
Hot on the heels of an impressive show at Australia's Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, iconic 38-year-old New Zealand fashion brand Zambesi will open NZFW with the first show on Monday evening as the prestigious ‘Mercedes-Benz Presents’ designer for the year.
Along with NZFW mainstays including the always glamorous Hailwood, a number of fashion brands are returning after a short break from the fashion week schedule, including the aforementioned Zambesi, sophisticated and feminine label Kate Sylvester and leading footwear designer Kathryn Wilson.
Up-and-coming New Zealand labels that have already snagged a solo show include the playful Wynn Hamlyn and the refined Rachel Mills.
Brands including Jimmy D, known for androgynous, over-sized silhouettes, and the rebellious yet chic Stolen Girlfriends Club are choosing to add an element of mystery to their shows, by previewing their ranges at still-secret offsite locations.
Not only will it be a busy week for some designers, it will also mark a significant anniversary for innovative streetwear brand Huffer and red-carpet designer Tanya Carlson, both of whom are celebrating 20 years in business, while laid-back brand Salasai is marking 10 years of being in the fashion industry.
Although some shows during the week are restricted to media only, the Resene Designer Runway Show is perfect for those wanting to see a little bit of everything from the designers showing throughout the week. It's a high-energy highlights reel of both forward-season and in-season fashion lasting more than 30-minutes.
And of course, Simply You will be keeping you up-to-date with the action through our social media channels and online reviews.
September 1 - September 3
Known for high-drama, theatrical shows, the runway is set to sparkle when World opens New Zealand Fashion Weekend on the Friday night. Challenging the idiom 'a leopard can't change its spots' we are expecting a vibrant show dripping with personality.
After holding a show for fashion insiders, Hailwood will also take to the runway during the weekend for another chance to see the label's latest designs. In a fresh twist, designer Adrian Hailwood will be joined by Sonia Sly of the My Heels are Killing Me fashion podcast for an impromptu Q&A session on the runway as well.
Other brands with a catwalk calling include Knuefermann, showcasing designer Turet Knuefermann's sleek designs, and Augustine, which will feature five of the store's high-shine brands.
Throughout the weekend, the on-site Designer Pop-up Sale will provide your chance to get your hands on discounted clothing, while the Beauty Hub will reveal new make-up and cosmetic must-tries from brands including Living Nature, Smashbox and L'Occitane.
Don't miss out on the highlight of Fashion Weekend, the Simply You Style Masterclass. Meet editor Naomi Larkin, fashion editor Louise Hilsz and an exciting guest stylist will show you how to source and how to style the latest looks like an industry insider at the session held at 12pm on Saturday 2.
Watch: Salasai's show at NZFW 2016:
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019