When it comes to designer brands it is easy to make the ultimate fashion faux pas and pronounce the name wrong. From Moschino to Miu Miu (pronounced Moss-key-no and Mew Mew respectively), getting it correct can be a total minefield.
One name we thought we had sorted was Versace. However, in a new video Donatella Versace dropped the bombshell that we've been saying her name completely wrong.
The info came to light when the brand's designer took part in US Vogue's '73 Questions' series. Filmed at her home in Milan, the Italian creative was asked what word she was sick of English people getting wrong. Donatella revealed that it was Versace, and it's actually pronounced 'Versach-ey,' not 'Versach-ee.'
In the video we learnt a lot more about the Italian fashion designer. It seems she would love to learn Chinese, go for coffee with Michelle Obama and her favourite film is The Shape Of Water.
When it comes to what she is most excited about in life right now, for Donatella it's May's Met Gala where she is set to co-chair. And if she packed fashion in for an alternative career she would probably be having 'a nervous breakdown.'
This article originally appeared on Grazia.
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019