We are weeks away from New Zealand Fashion Week (NZFW). What’s it like in your workroom at the moment?
A little bit crazy, phone ringing, a million emails. But the feeling is calm-ish and happy because the collection looks good and it’s done (almost).
You have five words or less – describe what the inspiration is behind the collection you are showing.
Climate, dystopia, fashion-gone-mad.
What can we look forward to seeing at your show this year, can you give us any hints as to what we’ll see walk down the runway?
You will see looks made up of both quintessential summer and winter pieces. This is to illustrate the bizarreness of what we call ‘seasons’ and question if they still matter, or will in the future. There will be some surprises both in the clothes and the runway set.
Other than your own brand, is there another show you are hoping to see at NZFW?
I’d love to see Jimmy D, Lela Jacobs and Rachel Mills but unfortunately they are all before my show so I’ll still be working.
What is your NZFW go-to outfit style for the week?
I probably won’t differ too much from my standard uniform; blue jeans, t shirt and sneakers. I’ve tried to dress-up more but it doesn’t work for me.
What are your beauty or wellbeing tips for surviving one of the busiest weeks in the year?
Sleep. Overall you will be fine with the busy schedule as long as you sleep, which is easier said than done.
How big of an undertaking is a show at NZFW? How long have you been working on your showcase?
It has been a big undertaking. Forty looks is a big collection to make in itself - but it has been great and I would do it again.
Do you have any pre-show rituals to get you ready?
Steaming and ironing? That’s the closest thing I can think of. I’ll definitely wear my best socks and underwear that day too.
How do you plan to unwind once it’s all over?
By taking a break. Going to visit my best friend’s new baby, sleeping in and watching movies.
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019