We are weeks away from New Zealand Fashion Week (NZFW). What’s it like in your workroom at the moment?
A little bit crazy, phone ringing, a million emails. But the feeling is calm-ish and happy because the collection looks good and it’s done (almost).
You have five words or less – describe what the inspiration is behind the collection you are showing.
Climate, dystopia, fashion-gone-mad.
What can we look forward to seeing at your show this year, can you give us any hints as to what we’ll see walk down the runway?
You will see looks made up of both quintessential summer and winter pieces. This is to illustrate the bizarreness of what we call ‘seasons’ and question if they still matter, or will in the future. There will be some surprises both in the clothes and the runway set.
Other than your own brand, is there another show you are hoping to see at NZFW?
I’d love to see Jimmy D, Lela Jacobs and Rachel Mills but unfortunately they are all before my show so I’ll still be working.
What is your NZFW go-to outfit style for the week?
I probably won’t differ too much from my standard uniform; blue jeans, t shirt and sneakers. I’ve tried to dress-up more but it doesn’t work for me.
What are your beauty or wellbeing tips for surviving one of the busiest weeks in the year?
Sleep. Overall you will be fine with the busy schedule as long as you sleep, which is easier said than done.
How big of an undertaking is a show at NZFW? How long have you been working on your showcase?
It has been a big undertaking. Forty looks is a big collection to make in itself - but it has been great and I would do it again.
Do you have any pre-show rituals to get you ready?
Steaming and ironing? That’s the closest thing I can think of. I’ll definitely wear my best socks and underwear that day too.
How do you plan to unwind once it’s all over?
By taking a break. Going to visit my best friend’s new baby, sleeping in and watching movies.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am