This week fashion turned political at both international events and closer to home at the Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards (VNZMA).
The Glamour Women of the Year Awards in Brooklyn, New York, was a toast to some of the most stylish women in business and attendees made a point of choosing powerful outfits to share messages of empowerment. Ashley Graham rocked a fierce ruby red suit by Prabal Gurung after a week of sharing her body-positive message at the Summit. Meanwhile, Nicole Kidman took a more literal approach to her agenda by wearing a winged-woman on her Christian Dior dress. As she accepted her award, she said of the dress: "I'm wearing wings tonight, and I tell you, to all of those young girls and boys sitting up there in that balcony, even if your wings get clipped, you can build them back and you can fly."
Meanwhile in New Zealand, the VNZMAs were focused on supporting our young musical talent. Taking away six awards, Lorde also won in the style stakes with a chic, clean-lined Alex Perry frock with a thick frill at the bottom and sophisticated cut-outs. Real politics played out on the red carpet with Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern taking a turn in a new season Juliette Hogan gown. Her partner Clarke Gayford, on the other hand, opted for a navy blue Hallensteins number.
Watch our video to see the best, and most interesting, looks of the week.
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince William reminisces about his proposal to Duchess Catherine in a speech at Buckingham Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 2:55pm
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveYesterday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveYesterday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveJan 20, 2020
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 20, 2020
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesJan 20, 2020