For the seventh year in a row, the streets of central Auckland will come alive with fashionable events that will see runways held in the streets, Champagne offered in most boutiques and personal meet-and-greets with some of fashion's biggest names.
With more than 20 events and happenings, from March 21 to March 24, there's no shortage of fun-filled activities.
The team at Simply You reveals the events they're adding to their calendar.
March 22, Britomart store
Shop with Zambesi designers Elisabeth Findlay and Dayne Johnston while experiencing a fashion installation and interactive art at their Britomart store. It's set to be a late night shop like no other.
March 21, World Britomart
She's just received a dame hood for her services to fashion and the community, but Dame Denise of World is also known for her candidly smart wit. On March 21 she's hosting a cocktail and canapés evening for an open-minded audience at the Britomart store, where she'll talk about the hilarity of ageing. We're sure it will be a hoot.
Spaces are limited for this event so you'll need to email firstname.lastname@example.org quick smart.
March 19 – April 1, Level 6, Smith & Caughey's
He was known as an advocate for elegance, and now you can get to know the secret behind Bruce Papas' success. From working for Flora Mackenzie's Ninette Gowns to becoming the head designer at Milne & Choyce and owning his own salon, Staevro Gowns was a man of many inspirations. The New Zealand Fashion Museum exhibition reveals a vast collection of sketches, embroideries and garments spanning across his 40+ years in the fashion industry, held at Smith & Caughey's iconic Lippincott Room on level 6.
March 23, Vulcan Lane and O'Connell Street
The cobbled paths of O'Connell Street will be transformed into a runway show when Ingrid Starnes takes over on March 23. Showcasing the beautiful brand's in-season autumn/winter collection, it's the perfect place to find some wardrobe inspiration, which you can shop at the Ingrid Starnes Vulcan Lane store.
Simply You is giving away a double pass to the street-stopping Ingrid Starnes event. Click on our image below to enter on Instagram and we'll see you there!
To see many more fabulous 4 Days of Fashion in the City events head to heartofthecity.co.nz.
- CompetitionsWin a Limited Edition Sacred Hill Copper Foil Print
Good Health ChoicesToday 5:00pm
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:04am
- Real LifeThe question that caused Jacinda Ardern to falter during her visit to Cashmere High School
Now To LoveYesterday 4:39pm
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveYesterday 4:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayYesterday 1:50pm
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveYesterday 11:43am