For the seventh year in a row, the streets of central Auckland will come alive with fashionable events that will see runways held in the streets, Champagne offered in most boutiques and personal meet-and-greets with some of fashion's biggest names.
With more than 20 events and happenings, from March 21 to March 24, there's no shortage of fun-filled activities.
The team at Simply You reveals the events they're adding to their calendar.
March 22, Britomart store
Shop with Zambesi designers Elisabeth Findlay and Dayne Johnston while experiencing a fashion installation and interactive art at their Britomart store. It's set to be a late night shop like no other.
March 21, World Britomart
She's just received a dame hood for her services to fashion and the community, but Dame Denise of World is also known for her candidly smart wit. On March 21 she's hosting a cocktail and canapés evening for an open-minded audience at the Britomart store, where she'll talk about the hilarity of ageing. We're sure it will be a hoot.
Spaces are limited for this event so you'll need to email firstname.lastname@example.org quick smart.
March 19 – April 1, Level 6, Smith & Caughey's
He was known as an advocate for elegance, and now you can get to know the secret behind Bruce Papas' success. From working for Flora Mackenzie's Ninette Gowns to becoming the head designer at Milne & Choyce and owning his own salon, Staevro Gowns was a man of many inspirations. The New Zealand Fashion Museum exhibition reveals a vast collection of sketches, embroideries and garments spanning across his 40+ years in the fashion industry, held at Smith & Caughey's iconic Lippincott Room on level 6.
March 23, Vulcan Lane and O'Connell Street
The cobbled paths of O'Connell Street will be transformed into a runway show when Ingrid Starnes takes over on March 23. Showcasing the beautiful brand's in-season autumn/winter collection, it's the perfect place to find some wardrobe inspiration, which you can shop at the Ingrid Starnes Vulcan Lane store.
Simply You is giving away a double pass to the street-stopping Ingrid Starnes event. Click on our image below to enter on Instagram and we'll see you there!
To see many more fabulous 4 Days of Fashion in the City events head to heartofthecity.co.nz.
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 4:00pm
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveToday 1:20pm
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayToday 1:00pm
- PetsMeet NZ's most lovable rescue pet: Tinkerbelle 'the wobble dog'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 7:45am
- CareerAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the band of women shaking up America
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsHappy 1st wedding anniversary Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan! A timeline of their beautiful love story
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyDancing with the Stars judge Rachel White on why NZ has a special place in her heart
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyDear Thomasin and Davida: Miranda Harcourt's open letter to her daughters
The Australian Women's WeeklyMay 18, 2019
- MindThree women share their inspiring journeys towards empowerment, self-healing and learning to forgive
Good Health ChoicesMay 18, 2019
- FertilityAfter $70,000 spent on IVF Sharee Welch can finally hold her miracle twins
Woman's DayMay 18, 2019