If you haven’t already binged all 10 episodes of the first season of The Crown on Netflix, you need to add it to your must-watch list immediately.
The Netflix original series will dramatise the reign of Queen Elizabeth II over six seasons, with a new cast added every two seasons.
And in exciting news that has fans toasting their tea cups, the second season will land on Netflix in November this year.
At this stage, it has been confirmed that Claire Foy (Queen Elizabeth), Matt Smith (Prince Philip), Vanessa Kirby (Princess Margaret), Victoria Hamilton (the Queen Mother) and Jeremy Northam (Antony Eden) will be returning.
Some more famous faces will be joining the already star-studded line-up with *Downton Abbey’s Matthew Goode playing Antony Armstrong-Jones, the Earl of Snowden.
Michel C Hall, best known for his work as the lead in the American crime series Dexter, will be portraying American president John F Kennedy. His wife Jackie Kennedy will be played by Quarry star Jodi Balfour.
So what will season two cover?
The story will pick up in 1957 and finish about 1964.
Speaking at the Royal Television Society's event The Crown: Deconstructing the Coronation in March, creator Peter Morgan hinted that Prince Phillip will be at the centre of the action throughout season two.
“I find him extraordinarily interesting—his childhood, again, you couldn't make it up. The soul of season two is about his complexity,” Peter said.
Princess Margaret’s relationship and subsequent marriage to Lord Snowdon will also be a key focus.
Season one of the series won a Golden Globe for Best Drama last year while Clare Foy also took home the gong for Best Actress.
John Lithgow was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Prime Winston Churchill in the first season. His character won’t be appearing in the second installment.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019