We may have to wait until 2019 for Netflix to release the third series of The Crown, but thankfully, they've given us a teaser of our new Queen.
The streaming service had previously confirmed that Claire Foy and Matt Smith, who played Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip respectively, will be replaced by Olivia Colman and Tobias Menzies. You probably recognise Olivia from shows including Broadchurch, The Night Manager and Peep Show, but Netflix have released a first look at Olivia in her role as the Queen.
And boy does she look regal.
After it was announced she would take on the iconic role, Olivia Colman said, "I'm so thrilled to be part of The Crown. I was utterly gripped watching it. A proper 'Just one more' feeling. I think Claire Foy is an absolute genius. She's an incredibly hard act to follow. I'm basically going to rewatch every episode and copy her!"
But seeing is a BAFTA winning actress who also been nominated for a Golden Globe and two Emmys, we doubt she'll struggle that much.
And Olivia isn't the only big name to sign on for the third series. Helena Bonham-Carter is also joining the cast, replacing Vanessa Kirby as Elizabeth's rebellious younger sister, Princess Margaret. And the Harry Potter actress also had some words to say about taking on the role.
"I'm not sure which I'm more terrified about – doing justice to the real Princess Margaret or following in the shoes of Vanessa Kirby," Helena said in a statement.
"The only thing I can guarantee is that I'll be shorter than Vanessa."
The third series will take place between 1964 to 1976 and will most likely focus on Princess Margaret's divorce from Antony Armstrong-Jones as well as the beginning of young Charles and Camilla's romance.
Bring on 2019!
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyApr 22, 2019
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesApr 22, 2019
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayApr 22, 2019