We may have to wait until 2019 for Netflix to release the third series of The Crown, but thankfully, they've given us a teaser of our new Queen.
The streaming service had previously confirmed that Claire Foy and Matt Smith, who played Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip respectively, will be replaced by Olivia Colman and Tobias Menzies. You probably recognise Olivia from shows including Broadchurch, The Night Manager and Peep Show, but Netflix have released a first look at Olivia in her role as the Queen.
And boy does she look regal.
After it was announced she would take on the iconic role, Olivia Colman said, "I'm so thrilled to be part of The Crown. I was utterly gripped watching it. A proper 'Just one more' feeling. I think Claire Foy is an absolute genius. She's an incredibly hard act to follow. I'm basically going to rewatch every episode and copy her!"
But seeing is a BAFTA winning actress who also been nominated for a Golden Globe and two Emmys, we doubt she'll struggle that much.
And Olivia isn't the only big name to sign on for the third series. Helena Bonham-Carter is also joining the cast, replacing Vanessa Kirby as Elizabeth's rebellious younger sister, Princess Margaret. And the Harry Potter actress also had some words to say about taking on the role.
"I'm not sure which I'm more terrified about – doing justice to the real Princess Margaret or following in the shoes of Vanessa Kirby," Helena said in a statement.
"The only thing I can guarantee is that I'll be shorter than Vanessa."
The third series will take place between 1964 to 1976 and will most likely focus on Princess Margaret's divorce from Antony Armstrong-Jones as well as the beginning of young Charles and Camilla's romance.
Bring on 2019!
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 23, 2019
- FitnessFeeling sore after you workout? Try adding these 6 steps to your exercise routine
Good Health ChoicesJun 22, 2019
- CareerKanoa Lloyd on what compels her to speak up for others
NEXTJun 22, 2019
- FamilyClarke Gayford reveals Neve received a birthday present from Prince William!
Now To LoveJun 21, 2019