We may have to wait until 2019 for Netflix to release the third series of The Crown, but thankfully, they've given us a teaser of our new Queen.
The streaming service had previously confirmed that Claire Foy and Matt Smith, who played Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip respectively, will be replaced by Olivia Colman and Tobias Menzies. You probably recognise Olivia from shows including Broadchurch, The Night Manager and Peep Show, but Netflix have released a first look at Olivia in her role as the Queen.
And boy does she look regal.
After it was announced she would take on the iconic role, Olivia Colman said, "I'm so thrilled to be part of The Crown. I was utterly gripped watching it. A proper 'Just one more' feeling. I think Claire Foy is an absolute genius. She's an incredibly hard act to follow. I'm basically going to rewatch every episode and copy her!"
But seeing is a BAFTA winning actress who also been nominated for a Golden Globe and two Emmys, we doubt she'll struggle that much.
And Olivia isn't the only big name to sign on for the third series. Helena Bonham-Carter is also joining the cast, replacing Vanessa Kirby as Elizabeth's rebellious younger sister, Princess Margaret. And the Harry Potter actress also had some words to say about taking on the role.
"I'm not sure which I'm more terrified about – doing justice to the real Princess Margaret or following in the shoes of Vanessa Kirby," Helena said in a statement.
"The only thing I can guarantee is that I'll be shorter than Vanessa."
The third series will take place between 1964 to 1976 and will most likely focus on Princess Margaret's divorce from Antony Armstrong-Jones as well as the beginning of young Charles and Camilla's romance.
Bring on 2019!
- At homeEntertaining with ease thanks to the latest tech products
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- RoyalsTake a look back at Queen Elizabeth’s first televised Christmas message 62 years ago
Now To LoveToday 11:30am
- MindZac Guildford's candid confession about his battle with drugs and depression
Woman's DayToday 9:50am
- SkincareAcne and exfoliating: does it make your skin worse?
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe impact of having Sussex Royal follow you on Instagram
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- MakeupDo eyebrows grow back? How to regrow over plucked brows
Now To LoveYesterday 2:42pm
- FamilyThe new online shopping portal giving back to Kiwi charities
Now To LoveYesterday 1:11pm
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on facing their first Christmas without their beloved dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:50am
- CareerMeet the woman behind one of New Zealand's most classic Kiwi holiday tunes
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:44am
- PetsPet quirks and personalities: Finding the right pet for you and your family
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- SkincareThe difference between natural and chemical sunscreen
- BodyRadio star Sarah Gandy celebrates beating breast cancer
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveDec 09, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayDec 09, 2019