Breaking out of the daily grind was a big drawcard for Wellington businessmen Emmett Vallender and Sam Cable when applying for The Block NZ. Here are a few key facts to know about the boys:
Name: Sam Cable & Emmet Vallender
Age: Both 29
Occupation: Business development manager and HR advisor
Block Strategy: Research and a positive attitude.
Advantage: The businessmen's enthusiasm and pragmatism will get them through the planning stages but it will be their ability to plan ahead that helps this team.
Sam revealed that the pair "Gibbed my brother's house, painted a roof and did lots of press-ups - at least 10 to 12!"
If they keep forethought like that up, the boys will have the planning phases all wrapped up.
While Sam is the first to admit his building and design skills are on the rusty side, he's hoping his research and positive attitude will help get the team ahead. Luckily, HR advisor Emmett is a little more handy with the tools, having grown up on a farm with a builder for a brother.
"I'm used to helping out around the place. Hopefully, the odd jobs I've done over the years will be useful now," he says.
What to expect this year on The Block NZ: Girls vs Boys
On this season of the hit reality series, each DIY duo will be put to the test renovating a 1980s townhouse in the Auckland suburb of Meadowbank. Dyls and Dylz, Niki and Tiff, Emmett and Sam and Emma and Courtney will all be hoping to take out the title after their gruelling stint at Block HQ this year.
The Block NZ 2016 starts on Sunday the 29th of May at 7pm on TV3, hosted by Mark Richardson and Shelley Ferguson with new judges Fiona McLeod and Paul Izzard.
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveToday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveToday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveToday 9:48am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- Destinations CitiesTranquil Tahiti: Where the tastes of France, Polynesia and China meet
- CareerHow Kiwi women are using technology to fit their work around their lifestyles
- CareerPlaying his idol in a new miniseries: Mosese Veaila's real-life connection to Jonah Lomu
Woman's DayYesterday 9:55am
- BodyLily McManus' secret battle: Why she hid her hearing loss
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeryl Streep on turning 70, her greatest loss and why she's grateful to Jane Fonda
The Australian Women's WeeklyAug 17, 2019
- RoyalsSuits just made a cute reference to Duchess Meghan’s new life as a royal
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- RoyalsThe royal family celebrate Princess Anne's 69th birthday
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- CareerMeet new Zealand's fastest under-21 female drag racer
Woman's DayAug 16, 2019