Breaking out of the daily grind was a big drawcard for Wellington businessmen Emmett Vallender and Sam Cable when applying for The Block NZ. Here are a few key facts to know about the boys:
Name: Sam Cable & Emmet Vallender
Age: Both 29
Occupation: Business development manager and HR advisor
Block Strategy: Research and a positive attitude.
Advantage: The businessmen's enthusiasm and pragmatism will get them through the planning stages but it will be their ability to plan ahead that helps this team.
Sam revealed that the pair "Gibbed my brother's house, painted a roof and did lots of press-ups - at least 10 to 12!"
If they keep forethought like that up, the boys will have the planning phases all wrapped up.
While Sam is the first to admit his building and design skills are on the rusty side, he's hoping his research and positive attitude will help get the team ahead. Luckily, HR advisor Emmett is a little more handy with the tools, having grown up on a farm with a builder for a brother.
"I'm used to helping out around the place. Hopefully, the odd jobs I've done over the years will be useful now," he says.
What to expect this year on The Block NZ: Girls vs Boys
On this season of the hit reality series, each DIY duo will be put to the test renovating a 1980s townhouse in the Auckland suburb of Meadowbank. Dyls and Dylz, Niki and Tiff, Emmett and Sam and Emma and Courtney will all be hoping to take out the title after their gruelling stint at Block HQ this year.
The Block NZ 2016 starts on Sunday the 29th of May at 7pm on TV3, hosted by Mark Richardson and Shelley Ferguson with new judges Fiona McLeod and Paul Izzard.
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021