Julia and Ali Heaney have earnt themselves a reputation as the bad girls on The Block NZ, but the troublemaking twins says they don’t care what viewers think.
From spying on the other teams to protesting challenges, the 28-year-old twins aren’t here to make friends. Opening up to Woman’s Day, the dynamic duo say being on TV hasn’t changed them.
“We don’t care what we look like on TV,” confesses lawyer Julia. “At the end of the day we can only come off as who we are and we’re proud of who we are.
“We stick by the decisions we make. We don’t like to pretend. At least we’re not putting on a façade. We can 100% maintain who we are.”
Watch: Julia and Ali reveal their kids' room on The Block NZ. Story continues below.
Despite receiving the lowest score in the history of the DIY series for the first room reveal – the kid’s bedroom - the girls aren’t letting it shake them.
They’ve come back fighting taking home several challenge prizes and first place in bathroom week after playing a game-changer advantage to knock competitors Stace Cottrill and Yanita McLeay off the top of the leader board.
For the full story and exclusive photos of the DIY duo, see the latest Woman’s Day, on-sale nationwide on Monday July 17.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019