Julia and Ali Heaney have earnt themselves a reputation as the bad girls on The Block NZ, but the troublemaking twins says they don’t care what viewers think.
From spying on the other teams to protesting challenges, the 28-year-old twins aren’t here to make friends. Opening up to Woman’s Day, the dynamic duo say being on TV hasn’t changed them.
“We don’t care what we look like on TV,” confesses lawyer Julia. “At the end of the day we can only come off as who we are and we’re proud of who we are.
“We stick by the decisions we make. We don’t like to pretend. At least we’re not putting on a façade. We can 100% maintain who we are.”
Watch: Julia and Ali reveal their kids' room on The Block NZ. Story continues below.
Despite receiving the lowest score in the history of the DIY series for the first room reveal – the kid’s bedroom - the girls aren’t letting it shake them.
They’ve come back fighting taking home several challenge prizes and first place in bathroom week after playing a game-changer advantage to knock competitors Stace Cottrill and Yanita McLeay off the top of the leader board.
For the full story and exclusive photos of the DIY duo, see the latest Woman’s Day, on-sale nationwide on Monday July 17.
- SkincareAll you need to know about retinol and anti-ageing ingredients
Now To LoveMay 06, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayMay 05, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021