Julia and Ali Heaney have earnt themselves a reputation as the bad girls on The Block NZ, but the troublemaking twins says they don’t care what viewers think.
From spying on the other teams to protesting challenges, the 28-year-old twins aren’t here to make friends. Opening up to Woman’s Day, the dynamic duo say being on TV hasn’t changed them.
“We don’t care what we look like on TV,” confesses lawyer Julia. “At the end of the day we can only come off as who we are and we’re proud of who we are.
“We stick by the decisions we make. We don’t like to pretend. At least we’re not putting on a façade. We can 100% maintain who we are.”
Watch: Julia and Ali reveal their kids' room on The Block NZ. Story continues below.
Despite receiving the lowest score in the history of the DIY series for the first room reveal – the kid’s bedroom - the girls aren’t letting it shake them.
They’ve come back fighting taking home several challenge prizes and first place in bathroom week after playing a game-changer advantage to knock competitors Stace Cottrill and Yanita McLeay off the top of the leader board.
For the full story and exclusive photos of the DIY duo, see the latest Woman’s Day, on-sale nationwide on Monday July 17.
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince William reminisces about his proposal to Duchess Catherine in a speech at Buckingham Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 2:55pm
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveYesterday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveYesterday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveJan 20, 2020
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 20, 2020
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesJan 20, 2020