If there is drama on The Block NZ, Big Dyls and Dylz Junior usually are involved somehow - and tonight proved no different.
Yes, the boys from The Mount have ruffled more feathers with their tough scoring of Niki and Tiff’s bathroom. The bolshie builders gave the yellow team a zero.
Zip, nada, nothing!
Dyls, 28, is open about their reasoning – they genuinely didn’t like their style – but Niki, 29, thinks their lack of mark isn’t a reflection on their bathroom but more about the orange team’s tactics.
"It was quite surprising but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just think it says more about their style and game plan,” says Niki, adding, "I would hope it was strategic, not just that they genuinely thought that it was a hideous bathroom. We’ve got a toilet, a shower, a vanity in there so does that not count for one or two points?"
It’s hard not to think there was some strategy behind the lack of score and now 25-year-old Dylz says they should have been a little nicer with their mark – by actually giving them some!
“It's how we felt at that point in time, but looking back on it, yeah probably was a little bit harsh. They did have a bath, a basin, and the basic accessories for a bathroom… So we should have really given them a four to be honest, but at the time we were gutted that we didn't do so well in our bathroom, and we hated theirs, so we gave them a zero."
The Block NZ: Girls vs Boys screens Sundays at 7pm and Monday - Wednesday, 7.30pm on TV3
Watch Dyls and Dylz revealing their kids' room in the video player below
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019