If there is drama on The Block NZ, Big Dyls and Dylz Junior usually are involved somehow - and tonight proved no different.
Yes, the boys from The Mount have ruffled more feathers with their tough scoring of Niki and Tiff’s bathroom. The bolshie builders gave the yellow team a zero.
Zip, nada, nothing!
Dyls, 28, is open about their reasoning – they genuinely didn’t like their style – but Niki, 29, thinks their lack of mark isn’t a reflection on their bathroom but more about the orange team’s tactics.
"It was quite surprising but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just think it says more about their style and game plan,” says Niki, adding, "I would hope it was strategic, not just that they genuinely thought that it was a hideous bathroom. We’ve got a toilet, a shower, a vanity in there so does that not count for one or two points?"
It’s hard not to think there was some strategy behind the lack of score and now 25-year-old Dylz says they should have been a little nicer with their mark – by actually giving them some!
“It's how we felt at that point in time, but looking back on it, yeah probably was a little bit harsh. They did have a bath, a basin, and the basic accessories for a bathroom… So we should have really given them a four to be honest, but at the time we were gutted that we didn't do so well in our bathroom, and we hated theirs, so we gave them a zero."
The Block NZ: Girls vs Boys screens Sundays at 7pm and Monday - Wednesday, 7.30pm on TV3
Watch Dyls and Dylz revealing their kids' room in the video player below
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019