Meet Stu and Amy, the oldest duo to compete on The Block NZ.
They may be the oldest team, but don't be fooled, this couple believe their ages are their biggest advantage.
Renovation enthusiasts Stu, 46, and Amy, 39, hail from Gisborne. Stu is a plumber and self-confessed bogan. His interests include cars, surfing and a couple of beers. Amy is a beauty therapist and says her proudest moment was becoming a mother.
The blended family live under one roof with their children and two cats. Both Amy and Stu are experienced in renovating spaces and love being able to bring their creative thoughts to fruition.
Amy's organisational skills, eclectic taste and flair for design coupled with Stu's plumbing and painting prowess make them a formidable team.
Funny, creative and generous, 'with just enough crazy to keep it interesting', Amy says she can be bit of a hothead – and more than a little stubborn! Stu, who Amy describes as her 'rock', says he's the life of the party and can get along with anyone. And The Block NZ watchers beware; Stu has a penchant for dad jokes.
Both Amy and Stu say their biggest struggle will be being away from their kids.
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayToday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerMore orgasms, less waste: why these are life goals we should all aspire to
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsTennis legend Stan Smith gives Duchess Catherine a very special gift for Prince Louis at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 12:45pm
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine returns to Wimbledon to present Novak Djokovic with his winning trophy
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Beyoncé share a hug and talk parenting at the European premiere of the Lion King
Now To LoveYesterday 9:19am
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Destinations CitiesWhere to go for adventure when you holiday in Vanuatu
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- BodyThe silent language that is central and beneficial to our lives, and how we can get more of it
Good Health ChoicesJul 14, 2019