New Zealand-born, Australian-raised actor Reef Ireland will join the cast of TV3’s hit Westside as the notorious Wolfgang West, the character previously brought to life by Grant Bowler.
Reef confesses he’s a huge admirer of the original Outrageous Fortune series, so scoring the part of Wolf was a dream come true.
“I was really, really keen on this part because I was a huge fan of the original series. I wouldn’t have ever thought that one day I’d be doing the prequel to Outrageous Fortune - especially playing a great part like Wolf,” he said in a statement.
The 22-year-old actor is already a familiar face for Kiwi audiences thanks to his previous roles on Wentworth and Puberty Blues, and he recently shot a feature film titled Downriver.
To prepare for his new role as Wolfgang West, Reef went straight to the source, visiting Grant at his home to have a chat about the iconic character.
“I went and visited Grant at his place in Venice Beach. We talked about the character and he was really helpful and totally up for anything I wanted to ask him,” Reef says.
“He had plenty of stuff to tell me – he was great.”
Season two of Westside is being funded by New Zealand on Air and will screen on TV3 next year.
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019