New Zealand-born, Australian-raised actor Reef Ireland will join the cast of TV3’s hit Westside as the notorious Wolfgang West, the character previously brought to life by Grant Bowler.
Reef confesses he’s a huge admirer of the original Outrageous Fortune series, so scoring the part of Wolf was a dream come true.
“I was really, really keen on this part because I was a huge fan of the original series. I wouldn’t have ever thought that one day I’d be doing the prequel to Outrageous Fortune - especially playing a great part like Wolf,” he said in a statement.
The 22-year-old actor is already a familiar face for Kiwi audiences thanks to his previous roles on Wentworth and Puberty Blues, and he recently shot a feature film titled Downriver.
To prepare for his new role as Wolfgang West, Reef went straight to the source, visiting Grant at his home to have a chat about the iconic character.
“I went and visited Grant at his place in Venice Beach. We talked about the character and he was really helpful and totally up for anything I wanted to ask him,” Reef says.
“He had plenty of stuff to tell me – he was great.”
Season two of Westside is being funded by New Zealand on Air and will screen on TV3 next year.
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019
- MindWhy Shortland Street's Ana Scotney was forced to quit social media
Woman's DaySep 19, 2019
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 19, 2019
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesSep 19, 2019