TVNZ announced in September last year that they would be bringing a New Zealand version of Project Runway to our screens. And now casting for the show has opened.
The show, created by supermodel and underwear mogul Heidi Klum, has run for 16 seasons in the States.
Two Kiwi designers have competed in the competition in the past. Sean Kelly from Taranaki won season 13 in 2014, with Klum describing him as having "some of the best designs" she's seen in all her years of the show.
"His 'Rain Walk' dress was incredible," she told Viva. When a designer comes up with something that is new, when a model walks down, it gives me goosebumps, my hair stands up and I'm like, wow!"
In an interview with Stuff in 2016, the show's mentor Tim Gunn singled Kelly out as his "favourite designer" from all seasons to date.
Duncan Chambers-Watson from Christchurch competed in season 14 but was the first contestant to be voted off the show.
The New Zealand version of show will screen on TV2 later this year. No announcement has been made as to who the judges will be.
Heidi Klum hasn't hosted any of the international versions of the franchise in the past, but fans of the show are hoping this could be the exception.
The 44-year-old former Victoria's Secret model has a close association with New Zealand. She created her Heidi Klum Intimates lingerie range with Bendon, whose major shareholder is Eric Watson, and travelled to Auckland to launch the collection in 2015.
If you think you have what it takes to be on the show you can apply here.
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019
- TVMatt Chisholm is leaving TVNZ to ''farm children, rocks and rabbits'' in Otago
Now To LoveSep 13, 2019