Married at First Sight contestant Ottie Schwartz has been charged with drink driving.
The 32-year-old promotions manager was stopped in a routine breath test in Christchurch on the 27th October after leaving the unofficial MAFS wrap party; the same party where her ex-husband Gareth Noble was spotted kissing fellow contestant Monique Lee. The pair were reportedly seen holding hands throughout the night and were spotted leaving the party together.
In a lengthy post to Instagram, Ottie offered an explanation to her followers.
"As some of you will read online on the 27th Oct I was charged with driving over the limit," she wrote.
"Unfortunately I made the wrong decision, I have no interest in hiding it and in true fashion I'm owning it. The law is in place to protect people and I would never have driven if I'd thought I was over the limit. It was a routine stop, it had been 3 hours since my last drink, I had eaten, and I knew how much I had had to drink. I was upset and thought it was best to leave an awkward situation and go home.
"Excuses aside (that's not what I do) I am taking full responsibility for making the wrong decision and I'm annoyed at myself for letting my emotions get in the way of logical thinking."
In a statement to Stuff last week, Ottie spoke of her disappointment at the manner in which Gareth and Monique behaved at the party.
"Behaving like this at a social event for our friends and family, hosted by our MAFS family to celebrate our journey together wasn't mindful of either Fraser or myself.
"No one ever wants to hear this kind of news from a third party. But I wish them all the best."
According to the police charge, Ottie allegedly blew 473 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath. The legal limit is 250 micrograms. Anything in excess of 400 micrograms carries a charge, and Ottie appeared in the Christchurch district court this morning.
She was granted a registrar's remand and is due to appear in court again on November 14th.
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019