Married at First Sight contestant Ottie Schwartz has been charged with drink driving.
The 32-year-old promotions manager was stopped in a routine breath test in Christchurch on the 27th October after leaving the unofficial MAFS wrap party; the same party where her ex-husband Gareth Noble was spotted kissing fellow contestant Monique Lee. The pair were reportedly seen holding hands throughout the night and were spotted leaving the party together.
In a lengthy post to Instagram, Ottie offered an explanation to her followers.
"As some of you will read online on the 27th Oct I was charged with driving over the limit," she wrote.
"Unfortunately I made the wrong decision, I have no interest in hiding it and in true fashion I'm owning it. The law is in place to protect people and I would never have driven if I'd thought I was over the limit. It was a routine stop, it had been 3 hours since my last drink, I had eaten, and I knew how much I had had to drink. I was upset and thought it was best to leave an awkward situation and go home.
"Excuses aside (that's not what I do) I am taking full responsibility for making the wrong decision and I'm annoyed at myself for letting my emotions get in the way of logical thinking."
In a statement to Stuff last week, Ottie spoke of her disappointment at the manner in which Gareth and Monique behaved at the party.
"Behaving like this at a social event for our friends and family, hosted by our MAFS family to celebrate our journey together wasn't mindful of either Fraser or myself.
"No one ever wants to hear this kind of news from a third party. But I wish them all the best."
According to the police charge, Ottie allegedly blew 473 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath. The legal limit is 250 micrograms. Anything in excess of 400 micrograms carries a charge, and Ottie appeared in the Christchurch district court this morning.
She was granted a registrar's remand and is due to appear in court again on November 14th.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019