Married at First Sight contestant Ottie Schwartz has been charged with drink driving.
The 32-year-old promotions manager was stopped in a routine breath test in Christchurch on the 27th October after leaving the unofficial MAFS wrap party; the same party where her ex-husband Gareth Noble was spotted kissing fellow contestant Monique Lee. The pair were reportedly seen holding hands throughout the night and were spotted leaving the party together.
In a lengthy post to Instagram, Ottie offered an explanation to her followers.
"As some of you will read online on the 27th Oct I was charged with driving over the limit," she wrote.
"Unfortunately I made the wrong decision, I have no interest in hiding it and in true fashion I'm owning it. The law is in place to protect people and I would never have driven if I'd thought I was over the limit. It was a routine stop, it had been 3 hours since my last drink, I had eaten, and I knew how much I had had to drink. I was upset and thought it was best to leave an awkward situation and go home.
"Excuses aside (that's not what I do) I am taking full responsibility for making the wrong decision and I'm annoyed at myself for letting my emotions get in the way of logical thinking."
In a statement to Stuff last week, Ottie spoke of her disappointment at the manner in which Gareth and Monique behaved at the party.
"Behaving like this at a social event for our friends and family, hosted by our MAFS family to celebrate our journey together wasn't mindful of either Fraser or myself.
"No one ever wants to hear this kind of news from a third party. But I wish them all the best."
According to the police charge, Ottie allegedly blew 473 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath. The legal limit is 250 micrograms. Anything in excess of 400 micrograms carries a charge, and Ottie appeared in the Christchurch district court this morning.
She was granted a registrar's remand and is due to appear in court again on November 14th.
- MindCould sound healing be the answer to enhancing your wellbeing?
Now To LoveToday 1:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals Archie went to playgroup for the first time and ‘he loved it’
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- Celebrity NewsJennifer Aniston finally joins Instagram and promptly breaks the internet
Now To LoveToday 10:10am
- CareerAll the highlights from the NEXT Woman Of The Year 2019 Awards
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsSee unseen footage of Prince Harry adorably cradling Archie in the trailer of an upcoming documentary
Now To LoveYesterday 2:50pm
- BodyThe Mirena and Jaydess contraceptives are finally free for Kiwi women from November
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- FamilyThe hilarious moment Art Green had with his son that every parent will relate to
Now To LoveYesterday 10:51am
- BodyHeavyweight boxing champion Shane Cameron steps up to fight Parkinson's disease
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:35am
- MindSurviving depression: Matt Chisholm's brave decision to quit TV
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William receive a royal welcome as they arrive in Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- CareerThe latest famous rock star to be a big fan of Jacinda Ardern
Now To LoveOct 14, 2019