Wellington hairdressers Teal and Sophie Mau missed out on a spot in My Kitchen Rules grand final after they were eliminated in last night’s cook off, but they say Chris and Bex and Heather and Mitch both deserve to be in next week’s $100,000 finale.
Speaking to Now To Love about their time on the show, Teal said the most surprising thing was that the "clock doesn't stop ticking" while Sophie described it as a "truly amazing experience." When asked if they would do anything differently Teal replied "slightly..." but refused to elaborate any further.
Going into the final round the pair sat at the top of the leaderboard, having gained a fast track through the instant restaurant round. But it may have worked against them as they found themselves in uncharted territory – having to cook in a sudden death challenge.
While Chris and Bex and Heather and Mitch shone, each receiving 9’s from Pete and Manu, Teal and Sophie struggled with the brief, their menu confusing the judges at times and lacking “oomph” and “punch.”
“You can leave with your heads held high” Pete Evans told them. “You’ve produced some amazing food for us and for that we thank you.”
For Teal and Sophie, their MKR journey was “a life changing experience” and they both felt “honoured and humbled” to be able to showcase their heritage in their cooking.
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020