Charlotte Brown and Jaryd Grey may not have won My Kitchen Rules New Zealand, but they did find something else on the TVNZ 2 reality cooking show – love.
Speaking exclusively to Woman’s Day, the Auckland couple say they shared an instant chemistry right from the first day of filming, despite being seated at opposite ends of the table.
Charlotte, 19, recalls, “There was a little bit of eye contact there from me, but it was a bit of a one way street!”
It wasn’t long before the pair started to spend more time together away from the cameras. “I’ve never met anyone like Jaryd, he’s so caring towards me,” reveals the culinary student.
News first broke of their romance during an interview with Charlotte on the Hits earlier this month. Finance broker Jaryd, 26, explains, “She told me about the interview before it aired, but we didn’t expect it to be as big as it was. It just blew up that night and the next morning, I had about eight messages from friends linking to stories about us online.”
Nudging her boyfriend, Charlotte jokes, “We’ll be the next Art and Matilda!”
Although they’re blissfully happy now, their relationship hasn’t exactly been smooth sailing. The couple went their separate ways after filming for MKR finished, but a few months ago they rekindled their romance.
For more on Charlotte and Jaryd’s love story - plus our exclusive photos – check out this week’s issue of Woman’s Day, out now!
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020