Mike McRoberts admits his time on Dancing with the Stars NZ has been full of unusual new experiences.
"There have been quite a few firsts for me – spray tans? Revealing clothing? A possible elimination?" laughs the beloved Newshub presenter.
"It's exciting and a little terrifying, but I've always loved dancing and have never done it before formally, so the opportunity to learn how has been amazing."
While fans were disappointed his first performance didn't feature his now famous washboard abs, he made up for it in week two – although Mike, 53, is finding the nation's new obsession with his fit figure a strange turn.
"It's just crazy. I think I'll just carry on doing the news and the abs can go off and do their own thing. Maybe their own show?"
All of this clearly flys in the face of the advice his co-host Samantha Hayes gave him.
She suggested he "keep it classy for as long as possible" by leaving his clothes on until the final weeks before revealing his impressive abs, saving that until the end, when he's "really desperate for votes".
Watch: Mike McRoberts' cute shoutout to his co-host Sam Hayes.
- Married at First SightMAFS' Vicky Fuller and Stefaan Nes have broken up - again
Now To LoveToday 2:18pm
- Parenting NewsGlobal study shows Kiwi teenagers are among the most inactive in the world
Now To LoveToday 1:22pm
- RoyalsThe sweet and subtle way Duchess Meghan honoured Prince Harry and baby Archie
Now To LoveToday 12:05pm
- TVMatty McLean had a huge night after winning Television Personality of the Year
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- FitnessThe full-body workout you can do with just a park bench
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:20am
- Pregnancy & Birth'Our Halloween treat': Jessica Mutch-McKay presents her adorable baby girl to the world
Now To LoveYesterday 4:13pm
- RelationshipsMatilda Green serves cheeky burn to husband Art on social media
Now To LoveYesterday 2:40pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles says New Zealand ‘offers an example to the world’ in a heartfelt speech at Waitangi
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerFive things Stephen Colbert has taught us about our own Prime Minister
Now To LoveYesterday 9:45am
- RoyalsPrince Andrew has stepped back from public royal duties for the foreseeable future
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerWhat Charlie's Angels original Jaclyn Smith is up to now
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- WeddingsFormer Black Cap Simon Doull marries after a whirlwind courtship that began at a hospital bedside
Woman's DayYesterday 8:25am
- CareerA virus left me paralysed but it didn't stop me from having a career in netball
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin the new NutriBullet 1000W Blender Combo worth $299.99!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- BodyBalcony fall survivor AJ Pouoa: 'How a night at a friend's house left me paralysed'
Woman's DayNov 20, 2019
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Dominic Harvey and Sydney silkie Kanye
Woman's DayNov 19, 2019