The first contestants for Dancing With The Stars 2019 have been announced, and they're big signings.
His co-anchor Samantha Hayes won the title last year, and now Mike McRoberts has put his hand up to step into the ballroom.
"I've loved dancing for as long as I can remember but I've never ever had any formal training so I'm actually feeling super excited about learning how to do it properly," he says.
"Some of the best things I've done in my life have seemed at the time like insurmountable challenges; reporting from conflicts around the globe, or some of the world's biggest natural disasters. Or even running marathons and competing in multi-sport events. Dancing with the Stars NZ feels like one of those challenges - but perhaps with a slightly more glamorous wardrobe."
Matilda Rice, who shot to fame on the first season of The Bachelor NZ by winning Art Green's heart (along with hearts around the nation), is equally as happy to take on the challenge.
"I've been watching Dancing with the Stars since I was a kid so I can't believe I'm now going to be on it! It's a little daunting learning something new on national telly, but I love to dance, so am really excited for the challenge."
Since finding love with Art on The Bachelor and subsequently announcing their engagement, Matilda has been busy making her name for herself as a social media influencer, author and TV personality. She was signed as the face of Jockey underwear and secured a deal with Colgate Optic White. More recently, she co-hosted Heartbreak Island along with James Dye.
Dai Henwood and Sharyn Casey will be reuniting as hosts. More cast announcements will be made closer to the on-air date.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019