The first contestants for Dancing With The Stars 2019 have been announced, and they're big signings.
His co-anchor Samantha Hayes won the title last year, and now Mike McRoberts has put his hand up to step into the ballroom.
"I've loved dancing for as long as I can remember but I've never ever had any formal training so I'm actually feeling super excited about learning how to do it properly," he says.
"Some of the best things I've done in my life have seemed at the time like insurmountable challenges; reporting from conflicts around the globe, or some of the world's biggest natural disasters. Or even running marathons and competing in multi-sport events. Dancing with the Stars NZ feels like one of those challenges - but perhaps with a slightly more glamorous wardrobe."
Matilda Rice, who shot to fame on the first season of The Bachelor NZ by winning Art Green's heart (along with hearts around the nation), is equally as happy to take on the challenge.
"I've been watching Dancing with the Stars since I was a kid so I can't believe I'm now going to be on it! It's a little daunting learning something new on national telly, but I love to dance, so am really excited for the challenge."
Since finding love with Art on The Bachelor and subsequently announcing their engagement, Matilda has been busy making her name for herself as a social media influencer, author and TV personality. She was signed as the face of Jockey underwear and secured a deal with Colgate Optic White. More recently, she co-hosted Heartbreak Island along with James Dye.
Dai Henwood and Sharyn Casey will be reuniting as hosts. More cast announcements will be made closer to the on-air date.
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsWhy this adorable photo of Princess Charlotte means so much to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- FamilySonny Bill Williams pays tribute to wife Alana for holding their family together as he leaves for England
Now To LoveYesterday 11:57am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine gets candid about motherhood: from hypnobirthing to ‘mum guilt’
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ intruder Mike Bullot is Chelsea Winter's former husband
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- TVThe Bachelorette intruders: Meet the men hoping to steal the show
Now To LoveFeb 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & Birth‘I gave birth to our miracle baby the night before my wedding’
Woman's DayFeb 15, 2020