The first contestants for Dancing With The Stars 2019 have been announced, and they're big signings.
His co-anchor Samantha Hayes won the title last year, and now Mike McRoberts has put his hand up to step into the ballroom.
"I've loved dancing for as long as I can remember but I've never ever had any formal training so I'm actually feeling super excited about learning how to do it properly," he says.
"Some of the best things I've done in my life have seemed at the time like insurmountable challenges; reporting from conflicts around the globe, or some of the world's biggest natural disasters. Or even running marathons and competing in multi-sport events. Dancing with the Stars NZ feels like one of those challenges - but perhaps with a slightly more glamorous wardrobe."
Matilda Rice, who shot to fame on the first season of The Bachelor NZ by winning Art Green's heart (along with hearts around the nation), is equally as happy to take on the challenge.
"I've been watching Dancing with the Stars since I was a kid so I can't believe I'm now going to be on it! It's a little daunting learning something new on national telly, but I love to dance, so am really excited for the challenge."
Since finding love with Art on The Bachelor and subsequently announcing their engagement, Matilda has been busy making her name for herself as a social media influencer, author and TV personality. She was signed as the face of Jockey underwear and secured a deal with Colgate Optic White. More recently, she co-hosted Heartbreak Island along with James Dye.
Dai Henwood and Sharyn Casey will be reuniting as hosts. More cast announcements will be made closer to the on-air date.
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019