When Mike McRoberts was eliminated from Dancing With The Stars after his '80s-inspired dance-off with William Waiirua last week, the first person to call him was last season's winner Samantha Hayes.
"She phoned after the show to commiserate with me," says Mike of his Newshub co-host.
The TV journalist admits he was surprised to be up against his mate in the bottom two and tells, "William and Amelia have set the bar so much in this competition and bring so much to the show. Obviously, I'm a huge fan."
Labelled New Zealand's silver fox, Mike's glad he stepped out of his comfort zone, saying, "I'm happy with how I danced. I was never going to head off to a career as a professional dancer and Kristie Williams, my amazing dance partner, honestly had the patience of a saint. I'd like to continue learning how to dance – but maybe in a couple of weeks!"
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince William reminisces about his proposal to Duchess Catherine in a speech at Buckingham Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 2:55pm
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveYesterday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveYesterday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveJan 20, 2020
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 20, 2020
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesJan 20, 2020