According to Entertainment Weekly, aka the most reliable source in all things TV, the legendary actress is making a rare TV appearance to play the role of Mary Louise Wright - the mother of the abusive Perry Wright #RIP (played by Alexander Skarsgard).
That's right, Meryl Streep is set to be Nicole Kidman's on-screen mother-in-law.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Mary Louise Wright will play a strong and steely woman concerned for her grandchildren following the death of her beloved son Perry.
Naturally, twitter has exploded with pure elation over the news.
"Nicole Kidman and Meryl Streep last starred together in THE HOURS but never shared any scenes together. This is gonna be my Superbowl," one fan penned.
"MERYL STREEP IS GONNA PLAY CELESTE'S MOTHER IN LAW THIS MEANS WE WILL HAVE A LOT OF NICOLE KIDMAN AND MERYL SCENES," another giddy user declared.
WATCH: All the times the cast of BLL were friendship goals. Post continues...
In short, Big Little Lies fans are losing their total minds.
Making Meryl's casing even more exciting is the fact Alexander Skarsgård recently dropped the juiciest of bombs, telling People: "I don't even know if I'm really dead or not. I feel okay right now but we'll see."
HBO haven't commented on Skarsgård's claims but what we do know about season two is that it will have seven episodes, which are currently being penned by Aussie author Liane Moriarty, and will begin production in March, ahead of a 2019 premiere. Andrea Arnold will replace Canadian director Jean-Marc Vallee, who will stay on as an executive producer.
Nicole Kidman and Meryl Streep previously worked together in the 2003 film The Hours, which landed nine Academy Award nominations including Nic's Best Actress Oscar.
This marks Meryl's first role on the small screen since Angels in America back in 2003.
But considering the critically-acclaimed success of the HBO show, which has totally dominated the award season raking in eight Emmys and four Golden Globes, it makes perfect sense for the 68-year-old to join the A-list cast of incredible women made up of Reese Witherspoon, Shailene Woodley, Laura Dern and Zoë Kravitz.
Now, if only we didn't have to wait until 2019 to watch the magic unfold.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019