For women of a certain age, Friends is synonymous with a time when life was simple.
Men with curtains were all the rage, waist coats were fashionable, Donald Trump wasn't leader of the free world.
And the actors and actresses who played our favourite coffee shop characters became part of our shared experience, as we grew up wondering whether we were zany lie Phoebe, geeky like Ross, or a smooth talker like Joey Tribbiani.
While the role of 'how you doing?' Joey went to Matt LeBlanc, another Hollywood star has now revealed that he very nearly landed the part - that would have changed the course of both of their careers.
Vince Vaughn, of Dodgeball, The Break Up, and Anchorman fame, recently told The Huffington Post that he auditioned for the part back in the '90s.
According to Vince, the casting call asked for someone "handsome and tall" who was also "a good actor," but ultimately they found LeBlanc a better fit for the role.
Incidentally, Vince's co-star in '90s movie Swingers, Jon Favreau, was originally cast in the role of Chandler Bing. And while he didn't end up playing the part, that Matthew Perry truly made his own, Favreau did appear in the series - as short-wearing, ball-bearing Pete.
Other stars have previously spoken out about the incredible fan base surrounding the show, with supermodel Elle Macpherson, who was famous in her own right long before appearing on Friends, saying she still gets recognised for her character.
“If I’d known how important it was in the US, or how long it would be on TV, I may not have chosen to do it,’ she told TV Week.
“It was a lot of pressure if you look at it in the way that it will be around for 20 or 30 years.”
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020