For women of a certain age, Friends is synonymous with a time when life was simple.
Men with curtains were all the rage, waist coats were fashionable, Donald Trump wasn't leader of the free world.
And the actors and actresses who played our favourite coffee shop characters became part of our shared experience, as we grew up wondering whether we were zany lie Phoebe, geeky like Ross, or a smooth talker like Joey Tribbiani.
While the role of 'how you doing?' Joey went to Matt LeBlanc, another Hollywood star has now revealed that he very nearly landed the part - that would have changed the course of both of their careers.
Vince Vaughn, of Dodgeball, The Break Up, and Anchorman fame, recently told The Huffington Post that he auditioned for the part back in the '90s.
According to Vince, the casting call asked for someone "handsome and tall" who was also "a good actor," but ultimately they found LeBlanc a better fit for the role.
Incidentally, Vince's co-star in '90s movie Swingers, Jon Favreau, was originally cast in the role of Chandler Bing. And while he didn't end up playing the part, that Matthew Perry truly made his own, Favreau did appear in the series - as short-wearing, ball-bearing Pete.
Other stars have previously spoken out about the incredible fan base surrounding the show, with supermodel Elle Macpherson, who was famous in her own right long before appearing on Friends, saying she still gets recognised for her character.
“If I’d known how important it was in the US, or how long it would be on TV, I may not have chosen to do it,’ she told TV Week.
“It was a lot of pressure if you look at it in the way that it will be around for 20 or 30 years.”
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021