The new leading lady of The Bachelorette New Zealand. laidback Wellington lass Lexie Brown, originally applied for the show as a joke, quipping she was "just needing a sperm donor".
Based in Canada until last year, the 31-year-old marketing manager tells, "I'd returned home from overseas because of COVID-19, and I felt like I was at a loose end and this could be fun. But I never through that I would be offered the gig...Imagine if I actually found my guy!"
Of her love life, Lexie tells, "I've had a handful of boyfriends in the last decade. I've met some dickheads and I've met some amazing men, but I obviously haven't found my person yet."
So what kind of bloke would be her perfect match? "It would be great to meet someone who shares similar family values, loves an adventure, is Kiwi-as and is relaxed," she says.
"First and foremost, I want to do some cool s**t with some cool people. If at the end I walk away with somebody I reckon I could do life with, then that is truly winning. But if I don't, at least I had the best time with some epic people."
The Bachelorette NZ starts soon on TVNZ 2 and Lexie adds, "I never expected it'd be me or to be doing this, but here I am! It'll be an absolute rollercoaster of a ride with loads of laughs. I can't wait to share it with New Zealand."
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021