The new leading lady of The Bachelorette New Zealand. laidback Wellington lass Lexie Brown, originally applied for the show as a joke, quipping she was "just needing a sperm donor".
Based in Canada until last year, the 31-year-old marketing manager tells, "I'd returned home from overseas because of COVID-19, and I felt like I was at a loose end and this could be fun. But I never through that I would be offered the gig...Imagine if I actually found my guy!"
Of her love life, Lexie tells, "I've had a handful of boyfriends in the last decade. I've met some dickheads and I've met some amazing men, but I obviously haven't found my person yet."
So what kind of bloke would be her perfect match? "It would be great to meet someone who shares similar family values, loves an adventure, is Kiwi-as and is relaxed," she says.
"First and foremost, I want to do some cool s**t with some cool people. If at the end I walk away with somebody I reckon I could do life with, then that is truly winning. But if I don't, at least I had the best time with some epic people."
The Bachelorette NZ starts soon on TVNZ 2 and Lexie adds, "I never expected it'd be me or to be doing this, but here I am! It'll be an absolute rollercoaster of a ride with loads of laughs. I can't wait to share it with New Zealand."
- RoyalsUPDATED: Harry and Meghan's bombshell interview with Oprah airs in NZ next week
Now To LoveMar 01, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021