Drag queens Kita and Anita are a tornado of fun.
The duo, who host TVNZ's binge-worthy new show House of Drag, bust onto the set of our interview in a whirl of sequins and swathes of iridescent eye shadow, armed with more than a few lewd one-liners.
They proceeded to spend the next 15 minutes riffing incredibly NSFW responses to our questions before Kita paused and dead-panned "wait, are we allowed to swear on this!?"
Like its hosts, House of Drag is loud, rambunctious and immediately likeable.
Both the hosts and the contestants are full of sharp wit, shade and side-eye and dish each out with obvious pleasure.
The series follows 9 wannabe drag stars as they compete in a series of outrageous challenges in the hopes of winning the $10,000 prize money and the bragging rights as New Zealand's ultimate drag star.
In a sea of glossy reality shows, House of Drag is set apart by how endearingly real it is.
In episode 2 we witness contestant Leidy Lei suffer a crisis of confidence during a challenge. Fearing she may have blown her chances to win Leidy freezes, breaks down and cries "I'm F*ed!"
It's a deeply relatable moment.
The understanding support Leidy receives from her fellow contestants when she rejoins the stage is what we wish would happen when we inevitably lash out at yet another family gathering.
Lauded for its diversity and world-history making representation (the show is the first to feature a drag king and has 2 trans-identifying contestants) House of Drag is like no other show New Zealand has seen before.
You can stream the first five episodes of House of Drag on TVNZ on Demand now. A new episode will be released every Thursday at midday.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019