The first trailer for season three of Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's got us wondering - is the disastrous nature of the promo a prelude of things to come?
The trailer, which you can watch in the player above, shows blindfolded brides and grooms being invited to the dance floor at a wedding reception by a drunk MC.
As they struggle to find their way without being able to see, chaos ensues as brides and grooms knock over champagne towers and flatten tables, with one bride even being pushed over a table by another bride.
The tagline is 'love will conga all.' But really, is it more a case of 'drama will conquer all?'
Certainly the Australian version has capitalised on amping up the controversy each season, with this year's instalment it's most explosive yet.
This season of the New Zealand version will follow the same format as last, with six couples marrying after meeting each other for the first time at the altar - a far cry the scale of the last season of MAFS Australia which saw 10 couples tie the knot with a further two 'intruder' couples entering the experiment at a later date.
The question is - with twelve hopeful singles lining up to find their one true match, will the experts be able to deliver another success story? Can we hope to see another Brett and Angel from season one and Dan and Yuki from season two?
Mediaworks promises that "personality types, core values, beliefs, shared goals and relationship experience remain the touchstones of the matching process."
Relationship expert Tony Jones will be returning for another season, with his focus continuing to be "the personal side of things when coupling up this years love-seeking singles."
With Brett and Angel having just celebrated their second anniversary in Fiji, and Dan and Yuki recently embarking on a second honeymoon of their own, only time will tell if we get to see another enduring love.
Our fingers are crossed.
- TVBree Tomasel reveals her heartbreaking medical condition
Woman's DayYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsThe Queen “regretfully” cancels her appearance at UN climate change summit amid mounting fears for her health
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 2:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice makes a glamorous appearance after welcoming baby Sienna with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 26, 2021
- At homeBring some tranquility to your home with these trending paint colours
Now To LoveOct 25, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Edna Swart has found the one
Now To LoveOct 23, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's courage: 'My boobs are ticking timebombs!'
Woman's DayOct 21, 2021
- Married at First SightWhich Married At First Sight season 8 couples are still together?
Now To LoveOct 19, 2021