It was a romance that ran its course backwards - beginning with a wedding, and ending with a text message.
But Married at First Sight’s latest exes Claire Lawless and Dom Timmon still say they have no regrets about participating in the social experiment, despite the fact they failed to find true love.
Speaking to New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, the now separated pair even admit they struggle to understand how the show’s experts paired them together, and reveal for the first time that they actually knew the romance wouldn’t last almost immediately.
“We were already going to be just friends anyway,” Claire tells the Weekly during our exclusive photo shoot.
“We decided that on our honeymoon.”
However, Dom’s mistake of sending a text message to his wife rather than a friend was the nail in the coffin for the Palmerston North pair. And, to make matters worse, Claire got the text as she lay in hospital, after a blood clot was found in her stomach.
“It said lots of not very nice things about me ,” confirms Claire, while Dom admits he was “mortified” his sick partner had to read his harsh words.
“I didn’t want Claire to see that,” he says.
The pair also discuss their futures and whether or not there’s a prospect of maintaining a friendship, the prospect of more romance, and the fallout from their families since appearing in the hit TV3 show.
For all this and more, see this week’s issue of New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, out now!
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsWhy this adorable photo of Princess Charlotte means so much to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- FamilySonny Bill Williams pays tribute to wife Alana for holding their family together as he leaves for England
Now To LoveYesterday 11:57am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine gets candid about motherhood: from hypnobirthing to ‘mum guilt’
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ intruder Mike Bullot is Chelsea Winter's former husband
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- TVThe Bachelorette intruders: Meet the men hoping to steal the show
Now To LoveFeb 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & Birth‘I gave birth to our miracle baby the night before my wedding’
Woman's DayFeb 15, 2020