It was a romance that ran its course backwards - beginning with a wedding, and ending with a text message.
But Married at First Sight’s latest exes Claire Lawless and Dom Timmon still say they have no regrets about participating in the social experiment, despite the fact they failed to find true love.
Speaking to New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, the now separated pair even admit they struggle to understand how the show’s experts paired them together, and reveal for the first time that they actually knew the romance wouldn’t last almost immediately.
“We were already going to be just friends anyway,” Claire tells the Weekly during our exclusive photo shoot.
“We decided that on our honeymoon.”
However, Dom’s mistake of sending a text message to his wife rather than a friend was the nail in the coffin for the Palmerston North pair. And, to make matters worse, Claire got the text as she lay in hospital, after a blood clot was found in her stomach.
“It said lots of not very nice things about me ,” confirms Claire, while Dom admits he was “mortified” his sick partner had to read his harsh words.
“I didn’t want Claire to see that,” he says.
The pair also discuss their futures and whether or not there’s a prospect of maintaining a friendship, the prospect of more romance, and the fallout from their families since appearing in the hit TV3 show.
For all this and more, see this week’s issue of New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, out now!
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am