Things might look idyllic between Married at First Sight NZ sweethearts Yuki Sato and Dan McLaughlan, but the Christchurch salon owner confesses she's struggling to trust her hubby after a previous romantic disaster.
Yuki, 31, tells us, "My last serious relationship, I got caught up in the idea of getting married, but he tried to dominate my life. I really struggled. He destroyed my self-esteem and my confidence in who I am. He tried to control me."
"He took my phone all the time because there was no trust, but he was the person who was doing something behind my back, so I have trust issues."
The Japanese-born beauty also confesses to fears Wellington-based electrician Dan, 30, may not want to move back to Christchurch, "the place where I belong", after the 2011 earthquake, which gave him post-traumatic stress disorder.
"It broke my heart when I heard he had a traumatic experience in Christchurch, which is a city I love and have such a good foundation in," she says.
"I grew up with earthquakes in Japan and I was totally fine during it, but I understand why so many people left."
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsThe caring gesture that no one saw: How Duchess Catherine consoled Duchess Meghan at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 10:06am
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVHayley Holt reveals who her dream co-host would be and dishes on how work has affected her dating life
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayJul 16, 2019
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 16, 2019