She spent all season of Married At First Sight Australia in a disastrous marriage to Dean Wells, so when Tracey Jewel announced her relationship with co-star Sean Thomsen during the reunion special, she expected to finally have her happy ever after.
She and Sean made plans to leave Perth and build a new life together in Melbourne, and were already talking about starting a family.
Instead, the star has had to abandon all plans to move interstate with her new man after silently suffering a mental breakdown and seeking psychiatric help.
"I wasn't aware of what was happening at first, but I was on a complete downward spiral," Tracey, 35, bravely admits to NW magazine of life after Dean's affair with Davina Rankin, which first hit our screens in February.
"Watching yourself be cheated on, especially in front of the whole country, is probably one of my biggest insecurities, and seeing it all unfold was the catalyst of my issues."
Yep, if you thought life as a popular reality star is all fun and freebies, think again...
"As the show started to air I just couldn't cope. I found a psychiatrist in Perth and she told me I had PTSD [Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder]. I shut down all my emotions during filming as a form of self-protection and to get through it," Tracey continues.
"But having to relive it again as the show aired has been really overwhelming. Everything I blocked out started bubbling to the surface and I knew I needed help. I'm not a depressive person, but the anxiety and feeling of constantly being on edge has been too much."
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019