Alex Garner and Zoe Hendrix’s dreams of parenthood have finally come true!
The couple, who met on the Australian matchmaking programme Married At First Sight in 2015, welcomed their first child together, a daughter named Harper-Rose Garner, on November 14, but only confirmed the happy news today.
“A slice of heaven on earth. @alexgarner & I would like to joyfully welcome into the world our beautiful daughter Harper-Rose Garner,” proud mum Zoe wrote in an Instagram post earlier this morning.
“Harper-Rose is a dream come true and our hearts are exploding with love for our little girl,” she continued.
Zoe, who suffered a heartbreaking miscarriage last year, has been open with fans about her excitement at becoming a mother.
“I’m so excited for the joy that our rainbow baby will bring in making us a tribe of 3,” she wrote on Instagram earlier this year, reflecting on her pregnancy experience with Alex and their last few weeks together without their baby.
In another post, written two weeks ago, she opened up about how she was looking forward to parenthood with Alex by her side.
“We have had many people tell us how challenging being a parent is (especially those early years) but I can honestly say that with this man by my side, the highs will outweigh the lows. They always have.”
In recent weeks, Zoe had also shared the many different ways she had been trying to induce labour – from acupuncture to eating spicy food.
“Waiting game is getting hard,” she wrote in a post from three weeks ago.
Now that their darling daughter has arrived at last, we’re sure the new parents are cherishing those precious moments with their bundle of joy.
Congratulations to Alex and Zoe!
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020