Their relationship on Married at First Sight NZ was a rocky one. After breaking up just before the final commitment ceremony, Samuel Levi and Tayler Morgan surprised everyone by announcing they'd reconciled almost immediately after.
Following the end of the show they made plans to spend summer together - and revealed to Woman's Day that Tayler, 29, would move from his hometown of Christchurch to be with Sam in Auckland in at the start of 2019. But only days into the new year, they sadly announced they had decided to go their separate ways.
Now, just back from a holiday in Los Angeles with friend and MAFS Season 1 groom Ben Blackwell, Sam, 25, has dropped a bombshell, claiming that Tayler has already moved on with someone else. Particularly hurtful for Sam was that he had to find out from a friend and not from Tayler himself.
As a way of getting "closure," Sam has released a statement on his Facebook page "to set the record straight" and to tell the story in his "own words. "
"No hard feelings," he said, "but time to move on from this chit chat surrounding Tayler and I. It was great while it lasted, and wouldn't change a thing or who I went through it with."
Sam claims that "not even 48 hours after our split" he found out that Tayler "had been seeing someone else."
"Unfortunately I did not find this out from Tayler," he continued, "but rather I was told by a close friend who attended our wedding."
"It is upsetting to have found out this way. When I broached the issue with Tayler, I was simply told my friend should have minded their own business.
"Tayler confirmed he had met the guy after we had decided to end things. As I imagine most people would in my situation, I find it very hard to believe that a person could meet and start seeing someone in the space of a day and a half...
"People can think I am naive, but I am not stupid."
"I have tried to keep my head as high as possible through all of this, as I know in my heart what I wanted from this Married at First Sight experience, or at least I thought I did."
Story continues after video: Tayler and Sam's wedding.
"This outcome is particularly saddening as I was committed to building and strengthening my relationship with Tayler, with plans to travel next month and move in together."
He concluded the statement by saying "While I am disappointed, I will not let myself be angry or hold any resentment towards Tayler, because there is some relief in that I can finally move on with my life."
So far Tayler has kept his response to four simple words posted to his Instagram story - "What the actual f**k!"
- RoyalsKiwi royal Gary Lewis has split from Lady Davina Windsor
Now To LoveToday 8:45am
- Pregnancy & BirthShortland Street star Laurel Devenie's perfectly-timed pregnancy
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Melissa is on the hunt for a Kiwi bachelor
Woman's DayToday 8:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveYesterday 11:28am
- FamilyKatie Holmes and her daughter Suri bond with women and children at a refugee camp in Greece
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- BodyMeet Caleb Wright - the 12-year-old brain cancer sufferer bringing laughter to other sick kids
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveYesterday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesMar 24, 2019