It was the romantic revival no-one saw coming – Samuel Levi and Tayler Morgan revealing at the Married At First Sight NZ reunion dinner that they'd rekindled their relationship. And they owe it all to quitting the experiment that married them in the first place.
Fashion influencer Sam, 25, explains, "We were struggling with the pressure of the cameras and having all the other couples around us. We were emotionally drained."
Apprentice electrician Tayler, 29, continues, "As soon as we put our hearts on the table, there was a massive weight off our shoulders. Our moods changed."
So much so that the couple even ended up spending the night of their break-up together – and yes, they have progressed to sharing a bed.
"The attraction is there," says Sam, before Tayler quickly adds, "We'll leave the rest to your imagination."
While they have separate plans for the holidays, Tayler will likely move from Christchurch to Sam's hometown of Auckland next year.
The word "love" has yet to be spoken, but Tayler insists, "Love comes." Sam interrupts, "Not soon, but eventually."
In the meantime, Sam is leaning on Tayler amid the online backlash he's experienced from MAFS fans. He tells, "My job is social media, so I thought I knew how to handle it, but I've struggled. People have told me to kill myself, which has affected my mental health.
I haven't been eating or sleeping properly, and I haven't been to the gym for three weeks. Having Tayler means I'm not alone. He's my rock."
His boyfriend adds, "Online bullying is not OK. I'm not a violent person, but if people said these things to him in the street, I'd want to punch them in the face. It makes me physically sick when I see Sam upset."
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsThe caring gesture that no one saw: How Duchess Catherine consoled Duchess Meghan at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 10:06am
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVHayley Holt reveals who her dream co-host would be and dishes on how work has affected her dating life
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayJul 16, 2019
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 16, 2019