The film or book that changed my life is…
I watched Top Gun and The Goonies until the VHS tape was beyond repair, but it's The Color Purple with the epic Whoopi Goldberg as Celie that I remember most clearly. It almost certainly has had a part in my life, both personally and professionally.
The fictional character that most reminds me of myself is…
My wife's response was, "That fella from The Hangover." I said, "Bradley Cooper." She said, "Nope, Zach Galifianakis." She definitely got her characters mixed up, so Bradley Cooper it is, even if my wife is pretty adamant.
The five people I would have at my ideal dinner party are…
Will Smith, Jacinda Ardern, Richie McCaw, James Corden and Oprah Winfrey.
If I could bring someone famous/accomplished back from the dead, it would be…
I went for Jonah Lomu but Muhammad Ali was shaking his hand so obviously they both came, which was a spot of good luck. Both childhood idols.
The quote that motivates me or sums me up is…
Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
When I need to get some spark back into my soul, I try and...
Hit the trails, running or mountain biking with my eldest son. Good as new before long.
The most overused piece of advice I'd like to correct is…
Perhaps, "Time is a healer," which is used interchangeably with, "It'll be right." Take a breath, then a few more, before taking positive action and asking for help when needed.The things I need for a perfect night in are...
My wife, Baileys, a roaring log fire and heavy rain outside. Oh, and to know with certainty that my two boys are going to sleep through until 7am. Forever hopeful.
The living person I most admire is...
"Barack Obama. One impressive person, for sure."
The family member I talk to when I need advice is…
My sister. A lawyer with a heart. Listens, but then cuts to the chase.
My most overused phrase as a parent is…
"Whatever you're thinking right now, don't do it!" If you have kids and you catch that look in their eyes, you'll know what I mean.
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021
- RoyalsBuckingham Palace confirms the Queen will attend the annual Remembrance Day Service
Now To LoveNov 12, 2021