Despite having secret meet-ups with Davina Rankin, getting cuddly with her and making promises about their future, Married At First Sight participant Dean Wells, 39, insists he didn't cheat on his "wife", Tracey Jewel.
TV WEEK in Australia caught up with the show's confessed "super villain" to find out what really happened between him and Davina, why he had a change of heart and if he has any regrets.
You previously told TV WEEK that you've never cheated in the past. Why start now on national television?
"In my mind, I didn't cheat. I only met with Davina to discuss how we weren't happy with our partners. It did get a little bit romantic, and I did have thoughts of leaving Tracey. "
"But we never kissed on the lips or were intimate in any way. I wasn't completely honest with Tracey, but I didn't cheat on her."
Davina claims you told her you were leaving Tracey to be with her. But you still slept with Tracey the night before the commitment ceremony. Viewers want to know why?
"The discussion I had with Davina at the second dinner party scared me away from her a little bit. She came on a bit too strong. After that, I started to think I was making a terrible mistake and that Tracey was, in fact, a great match for me."
"Tracey and I had an amazing conversation that night. As always, there was a strong connection between us, so we had sex."
Why did you announce the "affair" to everyone at the ceremony instead of talking to Tracey privately first?
"That time was very confusing for me."
"But I felt like Tracey needed to be told about my discussions with Davina before she made another commitment to me. Although it was a dramatic way to do it, my conscience was telling me it was the right thing to do."
Hmmm. That's an interesting take on things, Dean. With more of the drama due to play out this week, we can't wait to see what unfolds.
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020