It's not just a broken heart from her failed marriage to Nasser Sultan that Gabrielle Bartlett has been nursing, her health has had its fair share of ups and downs, too. In fact, at one point it deteriorated so rapidly, the plus-size model was rushed to hospital.
"With my emotional journey on the show, along with health issues towards the end of filming that I needed treatment for, my weight just dropped," Gab, 44, tells NW magazine after being diagnosed with Toxic Shock Syndrome and dropping several dress sizes.
"I slimmed down a lot during and after the experiment was filming. However, I'm feeling a lot better now and letting my body do what it needs to do to stay strong and healthy – it is what it is for now!"
Melbourne-based dietitian Melanie McGrice estimates that "Gabrielle has lost at least 18kg," and has dropped from around 77kg to 59kg.
"I've been told by many doctors that timing was everything, and that things could have been very bad very quickly had we not gone when we did," Gab admits. "My health scare was a great reminder of how much more important my health is."
Now that Gab's feeling better again, she's ready to step back into the dating world.
"I am still looking for love," she says. "Having that type of love in my life has me in the place where I thrive. I want very much to do life with someone. And not just anyone – my someone. And that takes time. And I'm OK with that.
"This experience has taught me a lot about what I deserve, what I should let go of and what's worth holding onto and fighting for."
Let's hope she finds it!
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayYesterday 3:15pm
- Married at First SightYou won't believe who Married at First Sight's Tamara Joy has hooked up with now
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019